Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Stanley calls ex KISS members 'Jew haters'!

A variation of the race card...jeez, you are a member of Kiss...do you think you probably offended a person or two in your greedy career???

Never mind that they were all Knights in Satan's Service.

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    And Nazis. And gay.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    And Nazis. And gay.
    Well, there have been rumors of Paul preferring the company of gentlemen for a long time. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

It's the lisp. And the general flamboyance. I don't think gene could keep it a secret if Paul was, er, playing for the other team, as he so delicately puts it. Full-time, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Well, there have been rumors of Paul preferring the company of gentlemen for a long time. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    There was a line in one documentary where Gene makes a comment about how back in the 70's, people thought that "we were gay, sadomasochists, Nazis...", then looks into the camera, rolls his eyes and sarcastically says "All of it true, of course!".

Interesting thing about the Nazi angle: in Germany, the Kiss logo is literally banned because of it's resemblance to the "SS" insignia. All Kiss albums pressed and sold in Germany have an alternate logo, where the last two letters are made to look like a backwards z. And I believe even when they played in Germany, they had to have a special backdrop logo built for the concerts for the same reason. I've even heard it said they had to have the logo stencils on their road cases painted over.

When I was a kid and some schmuck told me that, I would always answer with "How do you know that it doesn't stand for Knights in Savior's Service?".....They would usually answer with a remark such as "because they look like the Devil!" in which my reply would be "They do? Do you have a Polaroid of Satan I can compare it to?" Etc...... these exchanges were always fun for me as a 10- or 11-year-old

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    these exchanges were always fun for me as a 10- or 11-year-old
    Like most things associated with KISS.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Interesting thing about the Nazi angle: in Germany, the Kiss logo is literally banned because of it's resemblance to the "SS" insignia. All Kiss albums pressed and sold in Germany have an alternate logo, where the last two letters are made to look like a backwards z. And I believe even when they played in Germany, they had to have a special backdrop logo built for the concerts for the same reason. I've even heard it said they had to have the logo stencils on their road cases painted over.
    The stenciling of the cases is far fetched and there are images of their road cases IN Germany with the standard logo.

Some of the KISS/SS/Germany talk has reached urban legend status as the years go by. It really wasn't that big of a deal. Actually, it helped KISS out as fans around the world would try to collect merchandise from Germany due to the alternate logo.

There's also these bass drum logos that never got changed out:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Like most things associated with KISS.

"The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    Really? You have never met an anti-semite then. Far too many of them still around. I'm Catholic and grew up in a town with a large Jewish community, and while it wasn't always on the surface, it was there. Times have not changed all that much since then, certainly not with respect and attitude towards Jewish people.
    I am Jewish and while I am far from someone who is looking over his shoulder to find anti-semitism around every corner (heck, I'm married to an Irish Catholic, so I'm not exactly a religious kinda guy - nor is my wife), I have to also agree with Yanks that there is, indeed, more of it still than we'd like to think exists in the 21st century. And growing up in the '60s, I was taunted with names like "dirty Jew" and "kike," and even beaten up on more than one occasion, for no other reason than that I was Jewish. I think there have been great strides made in many places, but here in Canada, there are still pockets of white supremacy, especially in Quebec and Alberta. Would that it were otherwise, and I know that white supremacy sadly encompasses far more than just anti-semitism, but even in my condo, here in Ottawa, there was a superintendent (long gone, thankfully) who was not njust anti-semitic but an all-around racist, and a tenant in the building whose comments make it clear that, while he would deny it vehemently, has stereotype issues with Jews and other racial/religious minorities that come through loud and clear.

On the other hand, even though there is still a Nazi party in Germany (under a different name, I believe), there's a country that has done more to eradicate racial/religious intolerance/hatred than many, many others. There are many countries that could learn a thing or three about how to deal with hate crimes by looking at Germany.

When I saw Kiss on TV in 1974 I thought they were gay. It's true.

And most of the U.S. had no idea that the Village People were gay on that Bob Hope U.S.O. ( me thinks) t.v. special where they were performing on the aircraft carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    When I saw Kiss on TV in 1974 I thought they were gay. It's true.
    And most of the U.S. had no idea that the Village People were gay on that Bob Hope U.S.O. ( me thinks) t.v. special where they were performing on the aircraft carrier.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that....

When I was a kid and some schmuck told me that, I would always answer with "How do you know that it doesn't stand for Knights in Savior's Service?".....They would usually answer with a remark such as "because they look like the Devil!" in which my reply would be "They do? Do you have a Polaroid of Satan I can compare it to?" Etc...... these exchanges were always fun for me as a 10- or 11-year-old
    Think about it, if you were the epitome of evil in this (or any other) universe, and your goal was to lure innocent souls astray, would you appear to them looking "evil", ie cloven hoofs, red skin, goofy Fu Manchu facial hair, wicked grin, and a pitchfork?! FRELL NO!!! You'd come to in a package much less obvious. Remember the Simpsons episode (ok, it was a Treehouse Of Horror, but still...) where it turned out Ned Flanders was Satan?! Demonic forces are going to take the most innocuous form, so as to not alert anyone to their presence.

Hence, rock groups, rap groups, jazz groups, horror movie producers, producers of adult entertainment (in all of it's wonderful, and sometimes out and out sick, forms) can't possibly be any true representatives of any actual force of evil.

I reckon Satan's emissary on Earth is none other than Kenny Gorelick. Yes, that's right, Pat Metheny's favorite soprano sax player is a henchman for Beelzebub, Lucifer, Mesistopholes, Garth Brooks, or whatever his true name is. I reckon it's Kenny G, Garth Brooks (or quite possibly Billy Ray Cyrus) and Pat Robertson. They're all working for the "dark side".

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The stenciling of the cases is far fetched and there are images of their road cases IN Germany with the standard logo.

Some of the KISS/SS/Germany talk has reached urban legend status as the years go by. It really wasn't that big of a deal. Actually, it helped KISS out as fans around the world would try to collect merchandise from Germany due to the alternate logo.

There's also these bass drum logos that never got changed out:

Interesting, I had never seen that photo before. That's from what? The Unmasked tour? I thought the thing about the stencils being covered over was mentioned on that one British TV bit that was used on the first Kissology set, the bit that was hosted by Tony Wasisname, the guy who later discovered Joy Division. But just because some twerp working for Granada TV says something doesn't mean it's actually true.

Well, The Village People, as a whole weren't gay. I think at least a couple of them, Felipe Rose (the Native American) and I think maybe Randy Jones (the cowboy) specifically, but at least a couple of the other guys are straight. But they were marketed heavily to the gay audience. A lot of the songs were specifically about "gay life" or whatever you want say, things like Macho Man, San Francisco, and YMCA in particular.

Supposedly, the group's manager/svengali Jacque Morali dreamed up the whole concept after meeting Felipe Rose in a gay club. Rose was in full "warrior" garb, and line dancing with a bunch of other guys. So Morali came up with this idea of a vocal group where each member would represent a gay stereotype, ie the construction worker, the soldier, the cowboy, etc.

Victor Willis, the original cop said recently that it wasn't until they were in the middle of making the second album that he realized there was "gay agenda". And his reaction sounded like he was at least initially outraged and confused about the whole situation.

(and yes, I know, there's virtually no reason why I should know the names of several members of The Village People, never mind their manager, off the top of my head)

(and yes, I know, there's virtually no reason why I should know the names of several members of The Village People, never mind their manager, off the top of my head)

Not that there's anything wrong with that....
    Of course not. It was the times, and we were a little more conservative back then about such things. I still remember seeing them (Kiss) on one of those late night concert shows back then. I was genuinely shocked at what I was seeing. It had no attraction or intrigue whatsoever. I was 16 years old already and was listening to jazz and fusion by then. Years before it was all Beatles, Zeppelin, Santana, etc. and then I see these guys in getups and painted faces and couldn't help thinking .... what has happened to Rock and Roll????? I don't remember what songs they played or anything like that. It was 1974 and I don't even remember if their first album was released yet. I sorta remember Paul yelling at the audience HEY EVERYBODY WE'RE KISS BLAH BLAH BLAH...... And at one point during the show it looked like Gene and Paul tongue kissed each other . Maybe they didn't but to a shocked teenager in 1974 it kinda looked like they did...

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    It's the lisp.
    That lisp is from microtia.

During a 2011 interview with CNN, Stanley revealed the psychological struggle that accompanied his hearing impairment and ear deformity early on in his career. In order to cope with his condition and pursue his passion for music, Stanley underwent several hearing correction treatments and even grew out his signature hairstyle to prevent others from noticing his ear. However, his overarching message was clear: With support, determination, and compassionate medical care, microtia and atresia can be overcome.
    source

From his autobiography:

He lived in constant fear of being ostracized, or failing at school (because of his deafness), and of his mentally ill and sometimes violent older sister. His parents had their own problems and did not acknowledge or provide support for Stanley’s difficulties.
    source

age 16

His mother past away a couple of years ago.

Think about it, if you were the epitome of evil in this (or any other) universe, and your goal was to lure innocent souls astray, would you appear to them looking "evil", ie cloven hoofs, red skin, goofy Fu Manchu facial hair, wicked grin, and a pitchfork?! FRELL NO!!! You'd come to in a package much less obvious. Remember the Simpsons episode (ok, it was a Treehouse Of Horror, but still...) where it turned out Ned Flanders was Satan?! Demonic forces are going to take the most innocuous form, so as to not alert anyone to their presence.

Hence, rock groups, rap groups, jazz groups, horror movie producers, producers of adult entertainment (in all of it's wonderful, and sometimes out and out sick, forms) can't possibly be any true representatives of any actual force of evil.

I reckon Satan's emissary on Earth is none other than Kenny Gorelick. Yes, that's right, Pat Metheny's favorite soprano sax player is a henchman for Beelzebub, Lucifer, Mesistopholes, Garth Brooks, or whatever his true name is. I reckon it's Kenny G, Garth Brooks (or quite possibly Billy Ray Cyrus) and Pat Robertson. They're all working for the "dark side".

Satan is Kenny G

Satan is Kenny G
    That's exactly what I was thinking or would be my choice. Anyone who can do that circular breathing must have a special pact. ;-) He's still loved around the world though.

Interesting about Paul. Seems he overcame his obstacles and then some. Still sounds like he likes the boys though. ;-)

I hope I was not implying anything about The Village People. Nothing wrong with being Gay or Lesbian. It's not a choice other than overly-loud clothes at times. ;-) LOL I just thought it was amazing how popular the group was back in the day when most of America was not vocally accepting. There's an old joke somewhere that says without Gays or Jews, we wouldn't have the entertainment industry.

I also thought it ironic that Victor Willis ( thanks, GuitarGeek- the leatherman/biker was def. gay btw, and sadly died of aids from what I remember reading which wasn't that long ago) the cop character was arrested for cocaine possession. I thought that he'd at least be the most law-abiding one of all the characters. ;-)

That's exactly what I was thinking or would be my choice. Anyone who can do that circular breathing must have a special pact. ;-) He's still loved around the world though.

No, it's not the circular breathing thing that I would assign as such evidence, but rather what the twerp does with it. Besides which, he could only sustain a note for 37 minutes. Rahsaan Roland Kirk did it for two hours!

I hope I was not implying anything about The Village People. Nothing wrong with being Gay or Lesbian. It's not a choice other than overly-loud clothes at times. ;-) LOL I just thought it was amazing how popular the group was back in the day when most of America was not vocally accepting. There's an old joke somewhere that says without Gays or Jews, we wouldn't have the entertainment industry.

I also thought it ironic that Victor Willis ( thanks, GuitarGeek- the leatherman/biker was def. gay btw, and sadly died of aids from what I remember reading which wasn't that long ago) the cop character was arrested for cocaine possession. I thought that he'd at least be the most law-abiding one of all the characters. ;-)
    The original biker's name was Glenn Hughes, believe it or not. he died from lung cancer in 2001.

As far as Jews and gays being responsible for the entertainment industry, that's not entirely untrue. Several of the movie studios (notably Warner Bros and MGM) were founded Jewish men, and of course, many of the great comedians and comedy writers have been Jewish. And a lot of the great songwriters of the 30's and 40's were Jewish too.

As for gay people, I think a sizeable chunk of the arts wouldn't exist without the LGBT community. I guess a lot of research has been done into finding letters written by a lot of famous authors, composers, playwrights, etc, and a lot of them have turned out to be at least bisexual.
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 04-12-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Interesting stuff, Gruno. Thanks for posting all that - I had no idea.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I don't understand Kenny G's hair....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I don't understand Kenny G's hair....
    II don't think Kenny G's hair understands Kenny G's hair.....