Thread: Simon Collins, Prog Cruises Mentioned on Web Show, "Good Mythical Morning."

WeatherWiseCDC

Simon Collins, Prog Cruises Mentioned on Web Show, "Good Mythical Morning."

I saw this earlier today. These two well-known internet personalities host a daily discussion segment called "Good Mythical Morning" on YouTube and have done so for the last four years. They've appeared on numerous talk shows such as Conan and George Lopez Tonight, and have a pretty large following.

Yesterday, their episode was about cruises, and they discuss all sorts of unusual cruises in the episode. They talk about an encounter with a Carabba's waiter a few weeks ago who, in the middle of serving them at a restaurant, brought up a "music cruise featuring Phil Collins' son and a bunch of other bands." These guys were at the time doing a convention in Florida, which is of course where the Moody Blues Cruise took off.

Considering the video has 200,000+ views as of now, it appears 200,000 people have now heard of Phil's son; unfortunately, they sort of talked in a patronizing manner about Simon since they weren't aware Simon has his own band.

You can hear their experience at 5:19 of the video:

Of course, the story seems to be more about the waiter than about Simon. Was the waiter a little too excited and do they have a point? I think they're making more of a point about the waiter than about the cruises, but I'd like to hear your thoughts. That waiter would have been somewhere at this show a few nights ago.

I bring this up here because it was mentioned on the show.
    Last edited by WeatherWiseCDC; 04-08-2014 at 07:05 AM.