Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Knifeworld sign to InsideOutMusic for forthcoming new album (!!)

Knifeworld sign to InsideOutMusic for forthcoming new album (!!)

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Tomorow Steve will announce that he is going to release the upcoming avantprog project led by Neal Morse feat. Jon Anderson, Dave Kerzner & Kenny G

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Tomorow Steve will announce that he is going to release the upcoming avantprog project led by Neal Morse feat. Jon Anderson, Dave Kerzner & Kenny G
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Great news, looking forward to this one, though I have no idea how Kavus has the time given all the pies he has fingers in.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

chalkpie
    Hey Kavus - any idea when the new rekkid is gonna see the light of day? Its one of two albums that I have as my "to do" list - the other is by an artist with the first name of Bob. And its not Fripp.

Hi Frank and everyone with an interest in this.

The album is called The Unravelling and is the first recording of the full eight-piece line up.

The intended release date is July the 21st.
    We just got back from the Pyrenees where Bob Drake has done a stellar job of mixing and mastering it.
    It sounds lovely...if you like that sort of thing.

While it's certainly not a 'concept album' there's a kind of thread running through the thing.

I'm so glad to have completed it and, while it clearly won't be for everyone, I couldn't be happier. I think it's the best thing we've done so far.

Thanks Steve for posting about this. I am a reluctant self-publicist. On here at least

(In real life you can't shut me up)

One of my most highly anticipated releases of 2014. Congrats, Kavus!

A great reason for making a rare purchase at the InsideOut house.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post

The album is called The Unravelling and is the first recording of the full eight-piece line up.

We just got back from the Pyrenees where Bob Drake has done a stellar job of mixing and mastering it.

While it's certainly not a 'concept album' there's a kind of thread running through the thing.

I'm so glad to have completed it and, while it clearly won't be for everyone, I couldn't be happier. I think it's the best thing we've done so far.

Thanks Steve for posting about this. I am a reluctant self-publicist. On here at least

Great news. Thanks and cheers mate. Can't wait to hear this thing.

can I just say I am anticipating the hell out of this
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

It's a pretty great album, one-of-a-kind really. I loved mixing it (real songs and well-recorded, LOTS of stuff to work with...what more could a mix engineer want?) Very happy to have been involved!

Frank: that OTHER album you hint at is also currently AT the pressing plant WITH the artwork, finally all ready to be mass-produced for those dozens of people awaiting!

BD
    www.bdrak.com

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by B D View Post
    It's a pretty great album, one-of-a-kind really. I loved mixing it (real songs and well-recorded, LOTS of stuff to work with...what more could a mix engineer want?) Very happy to have been involved!

Frank: that OTHER album you hint at is also currently AT the pressing plant WITH the artwork, finally all ready to be mass-produced for those dozens of people awaiting!

BD
    www.bdrak.com
    Thanks for the info Sir Bobert, my goode sir. Please don't be shy when you know its available on ReR USA - many thanks.

Yep, this is probably the 2014 album I'm looking most forward to as well.

Any chance Knifeworld might make it to the US? Guessing it's cost-prohibitive but figure I'd ask.

Can't wait for this! Kavus, you really nailed it by getting Bob Drake to do the mastering. I can't think of anyone else's work I respect more these days. I am sure it sounds fantastic.

Will there be a vinyl release as well?

Hi,
    Of course we'd love to come to the US.

Having played there on a semi-regular basis with other bands it *always* takes a festival paying for flights and covering/waiving work visas to make this happen.
    I imagine very few people in the US have heard of us yet, even in 'niche music' circles. Apart from Wayside we have had no outlet for our stuff in The US up until now. Plus, to compound things, we're an eight piece band too.
    This was one of the reasons we decided to sign with InsideOut. I felt like we'd hit a ceiling as to what I could do with my own label, Believers Roast, for Knifeworld. We only have distribution in the UK. To expand the label would mean having to become a business man which, as well as taking up far too much time, is something I'd be completely incapable of.

So now we'll have an American release, maybe more people will hear of us and maybe someone who pays a lot of money for an awkwardly large ensemble that plays....y'know, sort of pop, sort of psychedelic, sort of avant-rock music will see fit to pay out Christ only knows what to get us over.

That's how I see it working out.

So yes, sure we'll make it to the US!

And yes it will be on vinyl too. The sleeve is very beautiful.

YAY! Can't wait to get my hands on the vinyl.

You guys were too late for NF unfortunately. Best wishes and hopefully the Inside Out contract works out for you guys and we can see you in the USA very soon. I would fly anywhere here to see you guys!

chalkpie
    Hi,
    Of course we'd love to come to the US.

Having played there on a semi-regular basis with other bands it *always* takes a festival paying for flights and covering/waiving work visas to make this happen.
    I imagine very few people in the US have heard of us yet, even in 'niche music' circles. Apart from Wayside we have had no outlet for our stuff in The US up until now. Plus, to compound things, we're an eight piece band too.
    This was one of the reasons we decided to sign with InsideOut. I felt like we'd hit a ceiling as to what I could do with my own label, Believers Roast, for Knifeworld. We only have distribution in the UK. To expand the label would mean having to become a business man which, as well as taking up far too much time, is something I'd be completely incapable of.

So now we'll have an American release, maybe more people will hear of us and maybe someone who pays a lot of money for an awkwardly large ensemble that plays....y'know, sort of pop, sort of psychedelic, sort of avant-rock music will see fit to pay out Christ only knows what to get us over.

That's how I see it working out.

So yes, sure we'll make it to the US!

And yes it will be on vinyl too. The sleeve is very beautiful.
    If you guys ever end up playing NYC (or thereabouts), I'll try to round up as many folks as I can to come out. Sadly, except for this forum, I don't know anybody that has heard of the band, but hopefully that will change!

Near my house in the Hudson Valley is this gem called The Falcon. I've seen Metheny, DeJohnette, Marc Ribot, Ed Palermo FZ Big band, etc etc play here. Its a beautiful spot, and it works with donations as the cover charge.....HOW the payment to artists actually works is beyond me....but it is called "The Village Vanguard of The Hudson Valley". Worth an inquiry, at least.

http://www.liveatthefalcon.com/

chalkpie
    PS - you also have a few pints coming your way man!

Is there a release date for this?

chalkpie
    Looks like July 21

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Looks like July 21
    Excellent, thanks!

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Excellent, thanks!
    Maybe Kavus will chime in and surprise us with an earlier date

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Maybe Kavus will chime in and surprise us with an earlier date
    It's one of my highly most anticipated releases and I'm sure it'll get tons of airplay on my show.

Lovely, lovely.
    Yes July the 21st it is.
    We'll be putting out a video for an edited version of one of the tunes a little before.
    I hope you like it. I can't be too objective about it but it's kinda Knifeworld with everything better than before.