Thread: So, what's the deal with RoSFest tickets?

So, what's the deal with RoSFest tickets?

So, I know I'm late on getting tickets. I lost track of when tickets went on sale so I only just got around to purchasing tickets.

Imagine my disappointment when I saw I couldn't buy weekend passes on the web site. So, I called the box office and they told me that that is the only way they sell them now. Apparently George said at a certain point that they would only be sold by the day. Problem is, there is nothing on the web site that says that.

So, basically I'm paying $50 more than I should to go. I'm going, but the whole experience leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Have you actually tried to contact Rosfest directly about this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Have you actually tried to contact Rosfest directly about this matter?
    Not as of yet. You are correct that I probably should.

It seems not everyone wants to do the weekend pass thing, but I'm surprised to not see it offered on the Majestic Theater ticket site. I try to follow ticket sale totals with my unofficial count, and it's seems the fest is right near 500 tickets sold. Still a few weeks left, so I imagine a couple dozen more will be sold. Clearly lower than last year's record crowd, but still not bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    It seems not everyone wants to do the weekend pass thing, but I'm surprised to not see it offered on the Majestic Theater ticket site. I try to follow ticket sale totals with my unofficial count, and it's seems the fest is right near 500 tickets sold. Still a few weeks left, so I imagine a couple dozen more will be sold. Clearly lower than last year's record crowd, but still not bad.
    Depends on the costs.

I think Cruise to the Edge is taking a bite out of ticket sales. It's the big names that sell the tickets, and there are a lot of them on the Cruise; several people I know with the disposable income and vacation time are doing that instead of Rosfest. Guess they are hoping for a glimpse of a speedo-clad Chris Squire at the pool on the ship. So glad NF got out of the game when it did.

I did get a response back from them. Basically the statement was, we did switch over to single ticket sales because of demand, we tried communicating it, but didn't change the web site. We made a hash of it, but we will do better next year.

Unfortunately, this forum is the only way I hear about updates with RoSFest, but doing a search last night there seemed to be nothing about this on the forum. Basically, most people here had bought their tickets already and probably weren't affected.

They have been updating their Facebook page with some notices more than here or their web site.
    Unfortunately there is so much band/streaming spam there it is hard to find the news.
    Last edited by markwoll; 04-07-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by nearfest View Post
    I think Cruise to the Edge is taking a bite out of ticket sales. It's the big names that sell the tickets, and there are a lot of them on the Cruise; several people I know with the disposable income and vacation time are doing that instead of Rosfest. Guess they are hoping for a glimpse of a speedo-clad Chris Squire at the pool on the ship. So glad NF got out of the game when it did.

You REALLY want to see Chris Squire in a speedo, Laura?

I am, as I think you know, PE's Speedo expert!

I know you gave me your phone numbers, but can't remember if I gave you ours. MIne is (608) 395-8299, and Kay's is (608) 469-2880.

PM me a street address for you guys. See you soon!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by nearfest View Post
    I can't see how the cruises could not have an impact. I know quite a few ROSfest regulars who either went on Cruise To The Edge or Progressive Nation At Sea that may not be going to ROSfest this year. Add in the return of Baja Prog and there are suddenly a ton of choices all competing for the same fans at approximately the same time of year. I hope ROSfest is able to handle the competition.