Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Steve Hackett: Genesis Revisited: Live At The Royal Albert Hall DVD/Blu-ray June 30th

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
    The only thing I don't like about this is Amanda Lehmann's singing on "Ripples". Patchy, to say the least. But I liked her contributions on backing vocals, second guitar, etc., in Hackett's band in recent years, so I think it's just not the right song for her.
    I've always gotten a sort of Donna Godchaux vibe from her.

Just pulled the trigger on the art-book version from InsideOut. It was $43.20 including shipping. Hackett's website is Out of Stock & Burning Shed wanted $66.00
    for the same item. I decided to take the plunge for the full-blown version as sort of a final chapter in the Genesis legacy (at least for me) & the assumption that
    Steve will never tour the south of the USA again.

Normally I would get this as I'm a huge Hackett and Genesis fan. I have the Hammersmith Odeon one and the music is good but God, that singer kills me. It sounds like Ethel Merman singing Gabriel, so fricking nasal, I can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on the art-book version from InsideOut. It was $43.20 including shipping. Hackett's website is Out of Stock & Burning Shed wanted $66.00
    for the same item. I decided to take the plunge for the full-blown version as sort of a final chapter in the Genesis legacy (at least for me) & the assumption that
    Steve will never tour the south of the USA again.
    Except now he is

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I don't see any new southern US dates listed there, just the northeast and the west coast...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by zorknapp View Post
    I don't see any new southern US dates listed there, just the northeast and the west coast...

Mike
    sorry...I missed the "south' part. Still, you never know....don't give up hope, I didn't think he'd be back to North America, period, yet here he is.

I received a flier in the mail yesterday with an advert for SH playing this November in New Hampshire.

No-brainer.

Two tickets. Very reasonably priced. Dead-center, middle of orchestra.

One word for it: Psyched!
    Last edited by Casey; 08-21-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    My copy has been shipped yesterday for 52$ Canadian dollars. But if i am hit by custom charges, it would go over 60$ and extra time to transit. All that for only one Blu-Ray because i won't listen to the cds and dvds
    I wasn't hit with customs into canada. Frankly, i get a LOT of CDs, and only when I get large quantities, or if they are sent by courier, do i run the risk of customs hitting me up.

Don't tell ok?