Thread: Dawes?

Dawes?

I had Palladia on the TV kind of in the background this afternoon and they were showing some festival. The band Dawes came on and caught my attention and I ended up watching their whole set. I have never heard of them before, but they seem to have kind of a California folk-ish rock sound to them. I thought the songwriting was really good, and they were good instrumentally. I liked it enough that I am thinking of checking out an album. Anyone here heard of them and if so have any recomendations?

Banned
    Good thing I searched for this band on PE. Just saw this folk rock band on Front and Center. Piano and keys separate these guys from the fray. A vocalist with shades of Harry Chapin, the Boss, and Jim Croce. The Laurel Canyon sound is back.

Banned
    Last edited by Firth; 04-02-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Banned
    Last edited by Firth; 04-02-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Good thing I searched for this band on PE. Just saw this folk rock band on Front and Center. Piano and keys separate these guys from the fray. A vocalist with shades of Harry Chapin, the Boss, and Jim Croce. The Laurel Canyon sound is back.
    Wow, I posted this a long time ago, and never got any responses. Anyway........I did decide to purchase one of their albums after seeing them on TV. I was just kind of Lukewarm on it. Didn't love it or hate it. They are actually coming to my home town soon, but I think I am going to skip it due to it being a weeknight and I would have to take a vacation night to see them (I work 2nd shift).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Wow, I posted this a long time ago, and never got any responses. Anyway........I did decide to purchase one of their albums after seeing them on TV. I was just kind of Lukewarm on it. Didn't love it or hate it. They are actually coming to my home town soon, but I think I am going to skip it due to it being a weeknight and I would have to take a vacation night to see them (I work 2nd shift).
    There is a recent Kalamazoo Mi concert on YouTube.

I've got one of their albums but it never really took. A bit on the gentle side and the lyrics would get a little too clunky.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    I like the more recent videos than the ones 4 years old. They have a new keyboardist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    There is a recent Kalamazoo Mi concert on YouTube.
    Ahh.......maybe they already played here then. If it was at The State theater then that is the show I was thinking of.