Thread: RPWL Wanted and Interview Feature 3-26 at DAPRR

RPWL Wanted and Interview Feature 3-26 at DAPRR

Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio (http://www.deliciousagony.com) is very proud to feature the amazing new album by RPWL, entitled Wanted on March 26th at 10 AM EST. During the show, we will also be broadcasting an interview with Yogi Lang of RPWL about the album and the upcoming European tour. The album can be ordered at http://www.gentleartofmusic.com. The ordering options include a Double Vinyl edition and a CD/DVD Edition with a Surround Mix. The show will repeat on March 27th at 9 PM EST. The interview with Yogi Lang will be archived at our website after the broadcast.

We hope you can join us for this special event, as we celebrate the fantastic new release from RPWL.
    Don Cassidy
    President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
    Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
    www.deliciousagony.com

Anyone checked out the new RPWL album "Wanted" yet? I've given it a few spins so far. Good, solid material. It doesn't match my favorite releases from them - World Through My Eyes, and The RPWL Experience - but it's a decent release so far to my ears. I really like this band a lot and wish they had greater success. Yogi Lang's solo album had many excellent moments in it, too. Sometimes their Floyd-y moments are a bit too derivative, but it goes down quite easy. Thematic lyrics bashing religion teeter on being overdone in this album. But overall I'm happy with it and wish they could do some shows in the States. I loved seeing them at Rosfest many years ago. Recently got their live DVD from the RPWL Experience tour, and think I'll give that a whirl to satiate me!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    Anyone checked out the new RPWL album "Wanted" yet? I've given it a few spins so far. Good, solid material. It doesn't match my favorite releases from them - World Through My Eyes, and The RPWL Experience - but it's a decent release so far to my ears. I really like this band a lot and wish they had greater success. Yogi Lang's solo album had many excellent moments in it, too. Sometimes their Floyd-y moments are a bit too derivative, but it goes down quite easy. Thematic lyrics bashing religion teeter on being overdone in this album. But overall I'm happy with it and wish they could do some shows in the States. I loved seeing them at Rosfest many years ago. Recently got their live DVD from the RPWL Experience tour, and think I'll give that a whirl to satiate me!
    Yeah, I've heard some interviews with Yogi where he can be a bit pedantic in his anti-religion screeds -- and I generally agree with his point of view!

They also released a DVD of a live show from the tour for their last album, Beyond Man and Time. It was definitely their Lamb thing, with lots of costume changes and such. The music wasn't bad, but again not at the level of their earlier work. I'll have to check the new one out, though.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Have only begun digesting the new one (released here in the US on Tues. 4/1/14) but am finding it a bit harder-edged than previous releases, with more use of what I guess would be called "electronica"...I like it so far!

I got to see the new show on Friday (4 Apr), and it really is a show. Hopefully they'll record this one as well as the show deserves a wider audience than it would likely get otherwise.

I liked Fisherman from Beyond, haven't found anything on par with that on Wanted. opening instrumental is good tho. I like the addition of grittier guitar tone.

Agreed. The Fisherman (longest track on Beyond Man & Time) is certainly the standout from that album (like Silenced is from The RPWL Experience, though there's lots of great tunes on that one, too), and I haven't found anything as strong on Wanted yet.

Long time fan and I prefer the old stuff too. Oddly enough I find Stock to be my favorite. The 5.1 sound on that is stellar. I really like Experience and didn't like Beyond much at all. And I saw the Beyond tour (Terra festival), which really bored me.
    I do like Wanted much more. Not to the level of the other stuff, but much better than the last. And since I agree a lot with Yogi's religious and political views, I'm fine with the lyrics. Still Asleep is a nice track but only on the DVD.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    I liked Fisherman from Beyond, haven't found anything on par with that on Wanted. opening instrumental is good tho. I like the addition of grittier guitar tone.
    These are the reasons this new album is beginning to pull me in as well.
    The older I get, the better I was.