Thread: GWAR's Dave Brockie Dies'

GWAR's Dave Brockie Dies'

http://www.timesdispatch.com/enterta...a4bcf6878.html

RICHMOND – Dave Brockie, the lead singer for the Richmond-based heavy metal band GWAR, has been found dead in his home at the age of 50.
    Richmond police spokeswoman Dionne Waugh this morning said officers were called to a residence in the 4800 block of West Seminary Avenue at 6:53 p.m. Sunday for a report of a dead person. Officers found Brockie dead inside, Waugh said. Detectives do not suspect foul play at this time, according to Waugh, who added that the body was sent to the medical examiner’s office for an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Saw this on the Dan Patrick show this morning (where Brockie was a guest from time to time). I was never a Gwar fan, but they certainly carved their niche. Didn't another member of the band die about a year ago too?

RIP. They put on a very entertaining show.