Thread: Peter Gabriel So Concert in Cinemas

Banned

Peter Gabriel So Concert in Cinemas

On Wednesday, April 23, Peter Gabriel is coming back to US cinemas for a special concert event. Exclusively captured for cinemas in October 2013 at London’s famed arena, the O2, this epic one-night event reunites Peter with his original touring band from 1986 as they revisit the classic album So and many other of his best-known hits. Throughout the event, cinema audiences will also get a deeper insight into Peter as an artist through the seamless use of subtle commentary and exclusive interviews with those closest to him.
    Last edited by Firth; 03-22-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Banned

Banned
    Tickets go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, March 26, but we have the chance to give you the opportunity to purchase your tickets early for this ultimate fan experience!

Banned

I got to see the Back to Front tour here at the Patriot Center, last night in the US I think.
    Great show.
    My wife bought me the show and the souvenir recordings. Great memories.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

States- "one-night event reunites Peter with his original touring band from 1986 as they revisit the classic album So and many other of his best-known hits."
    Wasn't this every night of the tour(s) though?
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I'd rather have a copy of the POV concert on DVD (used to have it on VHS but it got ate).
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Call me weird, but a live experience in a cinema would make me very uncomfortable. I mean, when the music takes off, should I clap, stay in my chair? Should I applause between songs? Isn't my neighbour wondering the same thing? I wouldn't know how to respond at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    Call me weird, but a live experience in a cinema would make me very uncomfortable. I mean, when the music takes off, should I clap, stay in my chair? Should I applause between songs? Isn't my neighbour wondering the same thing? I wouldn't know how to respond at all.
    In the '70s concert cinema was quite popular. Midnight and other evening showings of Yessongs and The Grateful Dead Movie were regular events for my friends and I. Sorry, I don't remember how, or if we reacted all those years ago. We were definitely entertained. And quite buzzed of course.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    In the '70s concert cinema was quite popular. Midnight and other evening showings of Yessongs and The Grateful Dead Movie were regular events for my friends and I. Sorry, I don't remember how, or if we reacted all those years ago. We were definitely entertained. And quite buzzed of course.
    I saw the Genesis "In Concert" movie in a theatre in Ohio with a special speaker system installed just for the movie. The video was included on the Trick of the Tail remix DVD and was the Trick tour. They should transfer the film to high def digital and either re-release or pipe it to theaters.

Why would a theatre experience be different than a concert, if it cranks like the new theaters do.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    That link appears to be dead
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    That link appears to be dead
    Works for me, but try this

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/pe...-back-to-front

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    I always had the impression The Grateful Dead Movie didn't play the midnight movie circuit, due to the sound system required to present the audio portion the way Jerry wanted it to sound. I gather that what they were going after became common practice later in the 80's, but in 1977, when the film was first released, each individual theater the movie played at had to be custom equipped for the engagement, which in turn insured that the film wouldn't generate any profits (or at least, that's the way it's usually reported in the Dead books I have).

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I'd rather have a copy of the POV concert on DVD (used to have it on VHS but it got ate).
    http://www.amazon.com/Live-Athens-Pe...5690841&sr=8-1
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I always had the impression The Grateful Dead Movie didn't play the midnight movie circuit, due to the sound system required to present the audio portion the way Jerry wanted it to sound.
    Saw several midnight showings of The GD Movie. I'm pretty sure the Waverly in the Village was one place, and positively saw it a few times at the Westbury Drive-In. Had killer audio in the Monte Carlo back then. Remember also watching with a bunch of buddies in one's van, side door open and tunes cranking. Good times!

Tickets $18

Looks like this starts in northern California around April 23rd.