Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Albert Marcoeur

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Hi Alberto - Yes absolutely - those are extremely lovely albums as well, and I also really dig L'Apostrophe from his more recent output. I personally still love the first four maybe just a wee bit more than those latter albums, but anything and everything this genius made is absolutely worth investigating. The actual production on those albums is just stunning - I listened to the first two yesterday and Album a Colorier, besides being an amazing album, just *sounds* fantastic. There are some lone percussion hits that just filled up my entire living room like the musicians are there. I have been eyeing vinyl copies from Discogs and they certainly ain't cheap. I would flip out if Sean did one of his SOAL interviews with Albert - although he may need a translator for that to happen, yeah?
    Frankie, if you read French I'd recommend his book, "Mais Monsieur Marcoeur..." Not exactly a bio, more an account of his difficulties with SACEN in France, but still a highly enjoyable read. He is a very good writer, and the book is full of cool illustrations.

I've just remembered that I have also had his dvd Bus 24 for a while, but never managed to see it. Must fix it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post
    Frankie, if you read French I'd recommend his book, "Mais Monsieur Marcoeur..." Not exactly a bio, more an account of his difficulties with SACEN in France, but still a highly enjoyable read. He is a very good writer, and the book is full of cool illustrations.

I've just remembered that I have also had his dvd Bus 24 for a while, but never managed to see it. Must fix it soon.
    I have the book (twice actually, one that I bought and one that AM sent me! ) but alas I don`t know french...
    The DVD is a bit disappointing, its just a very short (and cute) film with an AM sample in it, not something that didn't come out elsewhere.

Thanks Frank, Mike, Richard, Zapp, Alan, Conti, and everyone else.

I found a copy of the 2-disc compilation on Discogs and ordered it just a few minutes ago. Not a bad price, considering it's four albums worth of music. Once it gets here, I'll give it a listen from start to finish and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post

I found a copy of the 2-disc compilation on Discogs and ordered it just a few minutes ago. Not a bad price, considering it's four albums worth of music. Once it gets here, I'll give it a listen from start to finish and see what happens.
    I have also this compilation , it is oop and great !!!
    " je m'amuse à vieillir , c'est une occupation de tous les instants " Paul Léautaud

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post

Congrats Tyler!

And man you guys have some explaining to do if he doesn't like this stuff.........I tried warning him.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it was wicked of you big dead boy
    Suddenly just went to sleep
    Well here we are..." - Tim Smith (1961-2020)

I am surprised no one mentioned the exquisite Deux Lions Au Soleil

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    And man you guys have some explaining to do if he doesn't like this stuff.........I tried warning him.

True, you did try warning me... But I'm prepared to give this music multiple listens, even if it doesn't gel at first. It took me some time to come around to "Facelift" on Soft Machine's Third, and I really like it now. I trust you guys enough to know that this will be good stuff.

At first I thought about getting the mini-LP reissues by Belle Antique, since they're usually really high quality. Pricey, but those sleeves are really nice.