Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Rush news- W-w-WAIT a minute! :)

Yeah, Ged would have a very tough time pulling off most anything from the first five or so albums. Unfortunate, since the fans would love to hear some of that material.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    I'd be SO into a "Deep Cuts Tour". There's at least a set (half a show) full of great Rush songs from the 80's-00's never played like:

OPEN SECRETS
    AVAILABLE LIGHT
    HERESY
    TOTEM
    ALIEN SHORE
    CHAIN LIGHTING
    LOSING IT
    DIFFERENT STRINGS
    Oohhh, I like that setlist. So many underrated random album tracks. Let's throw in some "Sweet Miracle" and "The Big Wheel" and "Speed of Love," too. \m/
    flute juice

Quote Originally Posted by arise_shine View Post
    Oohhh, I like that setlist. So many underrated random album tracks. Let's throw in some "Sweet Miracle" and "The Big Wheel" and "Speed of Love," too. \m/

my post Moving Pictures list:

Losing It
    The Weapon

Afterimage

(we got most all of Power Windows and there's no way they do Emotion Detector [as much as I love that song])

Turn the Page
    Prime Mover

Hand Over Fist
    Available Light

The Big Wheel
    You Bet Your Life

Everyday Glory

Half
    The Color of Right
    Time and Motion

FREEZE
    FREEZE
    FREEZE

Armor and Sword
    Faithless

Quote Originally Posted by Servo View Post
    Jacobs
    Ladder

with Camera Eye now out of the way I'm sure that Jacob's Ladder will top every fan list/poll, followed by The Necromancer

doesn't Alex give this speech every few years and so?
    another tour, another DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    with Camera Eye now out of the way I'm sure that Jacob's Ladder will top every fan list/poll, followed by The Necromancer
    Don't care for it, myself. The only song on that album that does nothing for me. Would rather have Entre Nous...

Time and Motion
    I think they found this one especially tough to play, since it was dropped early in the Test for Echo tour. I think it's the best song on that album.

Rush needs to release 3 solo discs, a la Kiss.

my post Moving Pictures list:

FREEZE
    FREEZE
    FREEZE

Armor and Sword
    Faithless
    I'm totally with you on FREEZE but ARMOR AND SWORD and FAITHLESS were played on S&A and Time Machine Tours

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Rush needs to release 3 solo discs, a la Kiss.
    Didn't they talk about doing that like 30 years ago?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    I think they found this one especially tough to play, since it was dropped early in the Test for Echo tour. I think it's the best song on that album.

love that song and it is the best on the LP for sure, followed by Color of Right, Half and Driven

there is at least one great soundboard boot of Time and Motion (Albany 1996.10.18); played for less than a month and then dropped. interesting placement in that it was 4 songs from the end of the closing second set

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    I'm totally with you on FREEZE but ARMOR AND SWORD and FAITHLESS were played on S&A and Time Machine Tours

oh yeah, I just want to see them again!

I wonder if they have the patience to roll out the entire Fear sequence. The Weapon is a bit of a mood piece and I could see them "being bored" with it. then again Geddy always was quoted as saying the same about the Camera Eye and that ended up being a favorite part of the Time Machine set

------

the real money is in what they pull out from the 74-80 era. I would bet that they def bring back Natural Science for it's third comeback, maybe a By-Tor/Xanadu/Hemispheres prelude

stuff like Necromancer requires Ged to play guitar which I'm not sure he'd be up for again. last time he wore a double neck was Moving Pictures tour I believe

Not to mention that Necromancer is just a terrible song. I'd (seriously) rather hear "I Think I'm Going Bald" live.

At this point, I'd be surprised if they pulled out many (if any) of the "screaming banshee" songs. As much as I'd love to hear "Hemispheres" live, I think that ship sailed 10-15 years ago. I mean, Geddy can barely handle "Tom Sawyer" or "Limelight" anymore.
    flute juice

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Don't care for it, myself. The only song on that album that does nothing for me.
    Now that's one I don't hear often! "Jacob's Ladder" is a nice, moody piece IMO. I've never been wild about the lyrics though.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    And from helix's same list of songs above, "Turn The Page" was another one that Geddy in particular found very challenging to pull off live (although they did keep it for that whole massive tour if I recall... it made it to the live album too). "Time And Motion" is a great song, I agree.

The Weapon is a bit of a mood piece and I could see them "being bored" with it.
    My favourite track from Signals. They used to use Joe Flaherty doing Count Floyd from SCTV as the intro.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I think they should tour with an orchestra and perform 1940s pop standards.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"