Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Univers Zero - Phosphorescent Dreams

SINCE it came up again - not because of me - I explained what the issue was and what can be done to make the Progstreaming site a completely great and valid thing for everyone - not just for those labels and bands who choose to participate.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    You'd need top cover the costs for maintaining such a platform, no??
    At what point does covering costs finish and making a profit start? Enquiring minds need to know (not really)
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

chalkpie
    I just ripped a huge fart. This thread needed it. Carry on....

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    At what point does covering costs finish and making a profit start? Enquiring minds need to know (not really)
    Indeed, but I suspect (or I would hope so) that Spotify (not SH's page) is under musical industry control
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

IT's $30.00 (bucks)!! from wayside - I didn't buy it - (what happened to $13?) anyway - Its $9.99 0n itunes - For later day UZ I think its the best album they have done since - Heatwave or Daniels
    solo albums
    - I was very impressed - powerful stuff!! great writing!

Regards; Paul

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulPb View Post
    IT's $30.00 (bucks)!! from wayside - I didn't buy it - (what happened to $13?) anyway - Its $9.99 0n itunes - For later day UZ I think its the best album they have done since - Heatwave or Daniels
    solo albums
    - I was very impressed - powerful stuff!! great writing!

Regards; Paul
    As mentioned previously it's a Japanese import and is at the regular price for those.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hmmmm. 9.99 on itunes. Not my usual route, but in this case, I might make an exception. Thanks for the tip.

neil

Wow! I'm glad I don't come on here much anymore.
    I certainly won't buy it now, and I don't see any good reason they left Cunieform in the first place.
    I won't make a burn of it either, because I will need the actual artwork too.
    So I'll wait until I'm in the mood for it.
    " My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers... that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her. "

http://thefairlysecretarmy.bandcamp.com/

http://wavesofmercury.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    IMO
    You can have the greatest bakery in the world, but if there is someone outside your door giving away as many loaves of Wonder Bread as people want, your bakery will go out of business
    If the Wonder Bread were filled with rat pellets and skunk hairs, maybe not. That's 64 Kbps to me.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Eventually when a lot of people pass on it at this price, it will become affordable (under $20 for me)
    When something sits long enough,it drops in price...Japanese import or not.
    And why do Japanese only releases even exist anymore.
    Fucking lame.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    I certainly won't buy it now, and I don't see any good reason they left Cunieform in the first place.
    Yeah, I think we're all wondering why he (Daniel) did so.... and Steve is very gracious in his support.
    Most likely Daniel will see his want for (temporary, hopefully) change of air was a (big) mistake and will return to his real home label. Surely sales of PD are not matching his previous UZ albums, partly because of the price issue, but also a lesser availability - both on the web, but even in b&m record stores.

Imagine that you can't find it (or even order it) in Brussels' Caroline Music or Veals And Geeks....
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

We dont know what led to the 'divorce', but Daniel can do what he believes is the best for his economy, and Steve can let a band go if he feels like it.
    Time will show if it was a bad move, but Daniels economy is the basic condition to be able to continue UZ, and I suppose Japanese Arcangelo gave him a good offer. Perhaps they sell a lot in Japan.
    Not buying Phosphorous Dreams because it cost a bottle of wine more than usual, is your choice.
    Please dont steal it as a 'free' download, that is the sure way to kill niche bands and their record companies. But you allready know that.

Years ago I was webmaster for Jean-Paul Bourelly who made the same move from an american label to japanese DIW. That lasted 3-4 albums before JPB returned to an american label again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    If the Wonder Bread were filled with rat pellets and skunk hairs, maybe not.
    Whaddya mean, "If"? Have you ever tasted Wonder Bread?