Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorpsycho: New for 2014

It's a shame that "Child Of The Future" was a vinyl-only limited release in 2009. Recorded by Steve Albini and containing gems such as this:

If Lemmy and Chris Squire mutated into one person (no mash-up photos please!) it's bass playing would probably sound like Bent Saether's.

From their label's website, it looks like the album is shipping after 17 April.
    A great one for devoted fans, but I'd love to get a CD - only version.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by Pekka View Post
    It's a shame that "Child Of The Future" was a vinyl-only limited release in 2009.
    Getting re-issued soon and available for pre-order now!

Quote Originally Posted by tallliman View Post
    On cd/digital?
    Re-issue on clear vinyl.

I'm a little intimidated with this band since there are so many albums. Where does a noob start?

Caveat: I tend to like things that lean on the weirder end of the spectrum than the more normal end, but of course whatever is just plain good.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I'm a little intimidated with this band since there are so many albums. Where does a noob start?

Caveat: I tend to like things that lean on the weirder end of the spectrum than the more normal end, but of course whatever is just plain good.

Cheers.
    Spodify has a lot of their stuff for you to sample...
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post

Cheers.
    Weird: Konsert for Folk Flest. Magma-like chanting with a Norwegian choir, church organ, bass pedals in a church.

Proggiest (whatever that is worth): Death Defying Unicorn.

There's threads for both albums (hell, this might be one of them).

Everything in the catalogue is good. It all has worth. Super Sonic Scientists is an excellent overview of the band. It's a compilation that is actually worth owning even if you have everything else. Let us know what you choose, Frank.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Hey thanks guys - that gives me a nice starting point.

Frankie, start with The Death Defying Unicorn, alternatively In the Fishtank where they play with the brassers from Jaga Jazzist.

Then on: Timothy's Monster (for earlier material), Trust Us (transitional period), Let Them Eat Cake (orchestral pop/psych period), and then the last two studio records. Then buy the upcoming Vanessa Mae album.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Frankie, start with The Death Defying Unicorn, alternatively In the Fishtank where they play with the brassers from Jaga Jazzist.

Then on: Timothy's Monster (for earlier material), Trust Us (transitional period), Let Them Eat Cake (orchestral pop/psych period), and then the last two studio records. Then buy the upcoming Vanessa Mae album.
    Thanks man