Thread: One man's epic Progressive Nation 2014 at Sea diary (w/ pics and vids)

One man's epic Progressive Nation 2014 at Sea diary (w/ pics and vids)

In case anyone missed the Prog Nation at Sea cruise coverage, I think this man has it covered. It's no less than 40 pages of thoughts, pics, and videos of his experience on the cruise. It's quite well-written and put together, I highly recommend checking it out. You don't have to read the whole thing at once of course, he breaks it down by band and performance.

http://www.spatter.net/pn14/01/

Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing this

Man that was such a detailed story and the pictures and videos were all amazing. Thanks !
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Did anyone else get the impression he could have said the same thing in 31 pages due to the filler?
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Did anyone else get the impression he could have said the same thing in 31 pages due to the filler?
    I thought prog fans would've been disappointed with 40 pages and wished it were 100 (since longer = better, and all).

That's only about half the prog fans - the other half disagree.
    <sig out of order>

Having been there as well, this was about as perfect a write up as there could. Brilliant work sir! I have nothing to add.

Kris McCoy here. (I'm the author of the 40 page review.) Thanks for sharing here on this forum, and thanks for all the kind words. I worked really hard on writing the review.

And, no, I didn't add intentional filler to get it to 40 pages. I wrote it as a Word document that was about 25 pages long. When I was converting it into a website, the photo plugin I was using only allowed me to do 1 plugin per page. So I had to put in a page break for each individual photo set. I am happy with the number 40 though. Sets it apart from other reviews.

awesome job. i am so bummed i was unable to attend. was nice to experience vicariously through your article.

i just hope there is a 2015 voyage that has basically the same lineup.

rick..

Kris, really really enjoyed reading the review. Wish I could have been there.