Thread: Santana w/ Greg Rollie

Santana w/ Greg Rollie

Starting point for a Santana record with Rollie on vocals...

First.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    First.
    Yeah, Rollie recedes with pretty much every record. Not because he wasn't contributing, but because the band was getting bigger around him.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

The best Santana albums and Journey albums have Gregg Rollie. Gregg was a huge part of the "Santana Sound" from 1968 to 1972.

I am looking forward to the Santana reunion album that is supposedly being worked on (apparently entitled "Santana IV"). Neal Schon, along with original members Gregg Rolie, Mike Carabello and Michael Shrieve are on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I am looking forward to the Santana reunion album that is supposedly being worked on (apparently entitled "Santana IV"). Neal Schon, along with original members Gregg Rolie, Mike Carabello and Michael Shrieve are on board.
    Given the line-up, it should maybe titled V, since Caravanserai was their fourth

Yup, I'm all expectations... maybe too much of them... reunion albums have rarely met mine...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I seem to remember reading something about that a while back. Sounds like they might be a couple decades too late for that. It'd be interesting to hear what they could do 40 years later but it wouldn't be an auto-buy for me.