Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel

I always liked The Vampire tune sung by Daniel - too lazy to look it up. Always reminded me of some evil Broadway musical scene.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I always liked The Vampire tune sung by Daniel - too lazy to look it up. Always reminded me of some evil Broadway musical scene.
    A Vampire's View.
    Many people hate it it seems, but I always thought it was a perfect fit for Daniel's vocals. A nice evil version of a musical as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    A Vampire's View.
    Many people hate it it seems, but I always thought it was a perfect fit for Daniel's vocals. A nice evil version of a musical as you say.
    What's nice about it is that its different, a nice change within this group which can sound samey after a while. Its also just a well-written piece with an interesting vibe. Very European, especially the faux-Chopin flourishes that remind me of a few of his Nocturnes.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    What's nice about it is that its different, a nice change within this group which can sound samey after a while. Its also just a well-written piece with an interesting vibe. Very European, especially the faux-Chopin flourishes that remind me of a few of his Nocturnes.
    Yeah, I agree. Having Daniel in the group made for some pretty cool stuff on A&E and UTF, IMO.