Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel

I always liked The Vampire tune sung by Daniel - too lazy to look it up. Always reminded me of some evil Broadway musical scene.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I always liked The Vampire tune sung by Daniel - too lazy to look it up. Always reminded me of some evil Broadway musical scene.
    A Vampire's View.
    Many people hate it it seems, but I always thought it was a perfect fit for Daniel's vocals. A nice evil version of a musical as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    A Vampire's View.
    Many people hate it it seems, but I always thought it was a perfect fit for Daniel's vocals. A nice evil version of a musical as you say.
    What's nice about it is that its different, a nice change within this group which can sound samey after a while. Its also just a well-written piece with an interesting vibe. Very European, especially the faux-Chopin flourishes that remind me of a few of his Nocturnes.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    What's nice about it is that its different, a nice change within this group which can sound samey after a while. Its also just a well-written piece with an interesting vibe. Very European, especially the faux-Chopin flourishes that remind me of a few of his Nocturnes.
    Yeah, I agree. Having Daniel in the group made for some pretty cool stuff on A&E and UTF, IMO.