Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colonoscopy prep music

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I've never had it done. Does the doctor write this up so the insurance will pay? Also are you able to drive yourself to and from the clinic or do you recommend a driver?
    Usually you would contact a Gastroenterologist with a referral ( if required ) and request it. If you are 50 or older it may be part of a physical exam referral from your Family dr. or whoever you see for that exam.
    That gets it into the insurance mill.
    Around here ( and I suppose anywhere in the US ) you must show up for the colonoscopy appointment with a person who will drive you home. No taxi rides or buses allowed.
    You do not want to risk driving. My wife drove me home and I slept most of the day afterwards.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Ok, thanks Mark.

Yeah, you gotta have a driver. Insurance is usually no problem if you're fifty or have a family history. Insurance companies are far more afraid of colon cancer bills than they are swallowing the cost of one procedure that will nip it in the bud.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I didn't have a ride back home when i had my colonoscopy three years ago.The medical office had me sign a release absolving them of any liability because i choose to take a cab home.

No big deal.I plan to cab it to and from my colonoscopy this year.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

The River is Deep.
    Searching

"When the moon hits your eye, like a bigga pizza pie, that's amore."
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Insurance is usually no problem if you're fifty or have a family history. Insurance companies are far more afraid of colon cancer bills than they are swallowing the cost of one procedure that will nip it in the bud.
    As it should be.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I was given specific instructions to Not drive or make any important decisions on the day of my procedure, and for once I didn't question the rules, I followed them. the worst part of it for me wasn't drinking the bottle of lemon-flavored 'liquid plumber' or even the other laxatives; it was abstaining from eating for about 36 hours. But when I resumed eating afterwards, my stomach had shrunk, at least internally. I have a beer gut. I've given up alcohol and taken up exercise-cycling indoors until it gets consistently warm enough to ride a bike outdoors. Weather lately is like 60 today and snow tomorrow. it's just fucking weird.

I can't wait til I'm 67 and have another one. This thread will be long gone and forgotten, so i'll be neat to see the responses then.

brown eye girl

Quote Originally Posted by firth5th View Post
    brown eye girl
    If I ever hear that song again, I'm going to find a balcony to jump off of. well... maybe a good primal scream would be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    If I ever hear that song again, I'm going to find a balcony to jump off of. well... maybe a good primal scream would be a better choice.
    Okay, how about "Brown-eyed Handsome Man"?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

^ That one I'm fine with. As much as I love Buddy Holly, I might actually like Chuck Berry's original a little better. Haven't heard any other versions. I'll keep that in mind for the next time

Well, if you want Chuck, how about "Johnny B. Goode"?

"Go, Johnny Go!"
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Suspended
    Creed - With Arse Wide Open

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The Doors - Break on Through

The prep was pretty awful. It was like having a fire hose on full from the inside. The fluid wasn't so bad to start, but by the end of the 2 liters, it almost makes you want to ralph when you drink it. I did the accelerated route of drinking it all in 1 night and not splitting it with the morning so I could get some sleep.
    I had to have a driver or it was no deal. They knock you out damn quick for the procedure, then you're a little groggy and unsteady for a short while.
    But the worst part for me was having an upper GI done at the same time. They filled me with air from 2 holes to expand the colon and esophagus. The air that remained in my stomach felt like being stabbed for about 2 hours. Absolutely excruciating pain. It would hit me every few minutes during that time.
    All in all, no fun. They want me back in 5 years instead of 10. That likely won't happen as they found no problems.

Did someone mention Here Comes The Flood?
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

After that, sounds like you are ready for stomach tattoo you've always wanted. ;-)

Suspended
    There must be more than one kind of colonoscopy. A work colleague had it done, and he was conscious the whole time - I think he was locally anaesthetised down below or something to numb his rectum. He even watched the output from the camera on the screen. Must be a strange sensation getting the illusion that you are "up yourself".

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    They want me back in 5 years instead of 10. That likely won't happen as they found no problems.
    If they told you to come back in five years, they did so for a reason. Either it's your age or something they saw. That doesn't necessarily mean they saw a problem today, but something that could be one in the future, with ten years being too long to wait. I would take them seriously and do it again in five. The consequences far outweigh the inconvenience. If not for you, then do it for your family.

Actually, I think I mentioned "Here Comes The Flood."

Taking my wife for a c'scopy this morning. She thought the list of songs was really funny last week when I gave them to her. Not so much this morning after last night's purge.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Sodomy... from Haïr's musical soundtrack (though Milos Forman's movie version is pretty excellent as well)...

Ok, I'm outa here

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Boat on the Water
    The waters of Lethe
    The Fountain of Salmacis

"I Am So Into You" by ARS.

For that which is not,
    there is no coming into being
    and for that which is,
    there is no ceasing to be;
    yea of both of these the lookers into truth have seen an end.
    Bhagavad Gita