Thread: Steven Wilson's last stand ( Blackfield)

Steven Wilson's last stand ( Blackfield)

Wilson's last show with Blackfield, and their only Us show. May 1, Best Buy, NYC. Anyone else up for this? Tickets go on sale this week.

http://www.bestbuytheater.com/events/detail/249060
    With John Wesley. Interesting. I'm in. $25 bucks, no-brainer.
    From the new album, a few weeks ago-
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Kristi
    Absolutely want to go- I'm thinking the tickets are going to be sold out very quickly though. What day do they go on sale? I tired looking it up yesterday but it was not on BB Theaters site yet.

Kristi
    So I just checked the Best Buy Theater site, and they are advertising a presale Thursday March 13. Does anyone know how to get in on the pre-sale? Who is allowed to pre-buy?

Meh, His band spoiled me. No way any rock band operating today can be as good THAT. Everything else will be several steps down. Any news on a full DVD/blu-ray coming of the last tour that just concluded.

Kristi
    Well, its not going to be the Raven tour, that's true. Doesn't make me want to see it less....

Quote Originally Posted by N_Singh View Post
    Meh, His band spoiled me. No way any rock band operating today can be as good THAT. Everything else will be several steps down.
    While I find some commonality in your sentiment (in that my fondness for PTree has severely diminished since the last two SW solo albums & tours), one has to remember that ALL of the SW projects bring something different to the table. Having seen Blackfiend at the height of their powers (the II tour), I'd see the NY show in a heartbeat if it were being presented in SoCal.

It can be unfair to pit the SW projects against one another when the overall quality remains strong despite their differences, this coming from one who probably listens to no-man more than any of the other stuff.

I saw Blackfield in Philly during their last tour, DNA, and it really blew me away. I was surprised how much I enjoy Aviv, too, I think they're a great duo and the live show was outstanding. I doubt I can swing this on a Thursday, coming from Colorado, but I totally would like to!

Quote Originally Posted by kristi View Post
    So I just checked the Best Buy Theater site, and they are advertising a presale Thursday March 13. Does anyone know how to get in on the pre-sale? Who is allowed to pre-buy?
    JUPITER
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Jon Neudorf
    I would go if I didn't have to drive 3,500 kms.

Regards,
    Jon

Kristi
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    JUPITER
    Sweet! Thanks!

am I reading this right...Pre sale tickets are GA, thus having to stand for the show????

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    am I reading this right...Pre sale tickets are GA, thus having to stand for the show????
    ALL tickets are GA. Those $30- ones would be price day of show. I will wait till tomorrow and go to the box office thus saving $9.50 (??) "convenience" charge, or whatever they call that B.S. these days AND save the even more outrageous $5- (???) USPS delivery method (thought stamps are .49) OR the (WTF????) $6- will call fee. SIX DOLLARS for them to NOT deliver the tix by mail. ???

Kristi
    Got 'em - good to go. Fees and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    ... the (WTF????) $6- will call fee. SIX DOLLARS for them to NOT deliver the tix by mail. ???
    That one always kills me. I have to pay you, to do nothing? Gee, thanks...

I got mine at the box office yesterday. 4 for $100 is a good deal, in my book. The last solo show didn't sell out, so I don't see a hurry to buy.