Thread: lost classics: paris

lost classics: paris

Anybody like them? Great band..Would be fine if Esoteric could issue this one day..

Pretty good stuff. i have both of their albums on CD. Honestly, IMO Bob Welch deserves so much more credit for keeping Fleetwood Mac alive in the early 70s before Stevie and Lindsey joined. Especially, when you read the weird legalities that erupted from the counterfeit version of the Mac and the strain it put on the real band (financially, too).

Nice that Glenn Cornick found a new band to play in but it is sad Paris didn't get more recognition. Recognition… how's about some Detective??? Huzzah.

I got hip to Paris when Detroit rock radio flirted with playing the song "Big Towne 2061" from the album of the same name. I thought it was a great tune then and I think it's a great tune now.

I never heard Paris on the radio in LA. I have both LP's but have never played them!

Quote Originally Posted by Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof View Post
    I never heard Paris on the radio in LA. I have both LP's but have never played them!
    I think Detroit radio was willing to give Paris a shot because Hunt Sales was born in Detroit and their dad, Soupy Sales, got his start on Detroit television and is a local legend.

I think I will have to revisit both albums (been at least three decades since I last heard them)

Quote Originally Posted by Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof View Post
    What's the point in owning them??

(or is it your wife that owns them now??)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

That's what it's like to be a collector. I've spent hours pouring over liner notes and admiring them as art objects. I guess I will grow old listening to the music that I've accumulated or just let them go...I could be considered a hoarder when it comes to records and books. The obsession subsided when I no longer was a buyer for record stores and prowled estate sales for collections. As I get older I am aware that downsizing is a good thing.