Thread: OSI (Office of Strategic Influence)

OSI (Office of Strategic Influence)

Today I was listening to an Internet radio. I was sure they play two songs from Porcupine Tree or Steven Wilson but no, it was OSI featuring Wilson. It was excellent. The (2003) album title was OSI as well. I wondering if the whole album is good and what about the following CDs
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”

There's 4 songs from 4 differents albums of OSI on www.progarchives.com I love it. I have to buy their albums.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”

I love the first (Office of Strategic Influence), and third (Blood). Wilson only provides vocals on one track (shutDown).

I only have the first album, but think it is great. Not sure why I never picked up the other two.

The first two were great and I played them loads albeit they are a little different. Blood didn't grab me as much, is the latest worth a purchase?

"Fire Make Thunder" is amazingly good. Plus it give me my Gavin Harrison fix since PT went on hiatus.

huge fan here. i love all of their albums but “free” is probably my favourite. the closing track “our town” gets me every time – “home was good” and “once” are equally chills-inducing.

their only record I really enjoy a fair amount. It's really a cohesive, flowing record that uses samples incredibly well. Something they more or less abandoned with every record that followed.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    their only record I really enjoy a fair amount. It's really a cohesive, flowing record that uses samples incredibly well. Something they more or less abandoned with every record that followed.
    yep, and my interest in them waned with every record that followed.

The self-titled and Fire Make Thunder are my faves but everyone's mileage varies.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Blood is a bloody (pun intended) masterpiece.
    Free takes 2nd place. And don't miss the remixes on Re:Free.
    Fire Make Thunder is on 3rd place. A couple if really good songs.
    4th? The debut album.

Moore is one of my fav vocalists. And an amazing arranger. The electronica parts blow my mind every time.

They are all good albums in their own way. The s/t and Fire Makes Thunder are my favorites.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I only have the first album, but think it is great. Not sure why I never picked up the other two.
    This is where I'm at as well. I still play that debut album occasionally and enjoy it a lot. Can't remember the name of the opening track (the one with the Dan Rather samples) but it's got a great sound to it!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Here's a heads up - the debut OSI is dirt cheap on Amazon, but you need to use this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000089GH7

a regular music search for some reason does not pull up this listing...but that's the barcode for the 2-disc digipack release

Peter

The 2cd version of their debut is the one to get, I like all of their releases.

Free is my favourite one, but I like all OSI albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Blood is a bloody (pun intended) masterpiece.
    Free takes 2nd place. And don't miss the remixes on Re:Free.
    Fire Make Thunder is on 3rd place. A couple if really good songs.
    4th? The debut album.

Moore is one of my fav vocalists. And an amazing arranger. The electronica parts blow my mind every time.
    ^This

yeah, all OSI albums are excellent. The first one had a few more experimental tracks compared to later efforts. Free has got one of the meanest bass grove in history in Sure You Will. Awesome! Blood has got Akerfeld helping out. And Invisible Man on Fire/Thunder is a killer. Thos I don't like the way drums were recorded on Fire, a bit dull for GH. Moore/Matheos within OSI are far better than Matheos bar Moore in Fates Warning