Thread: Podcast From The Yellow Room March edition

Podcast From The Yellow Room March edition

This month there's a round-up of some of the new and newish releases that have come across my desk in the yellow room. There's some Crimson-esque pop from Dee Day Dub, stonking Nordic prog jazz from Cakewalk, raising the RIO flag is Miriodor, and a blast from the Canterbury past from Spirogyra. You can also hear Bushman's Revenge burning the Mahavishnu candle at both ends, a sprightly blast of post-Beefheart Magic Band marimba-wrangling from Mallard, some classy fusion from guitarist Mark Wingfield, ambient murmurings from Estonian guitarist Robert Jurjendal and Jan Bang, and the featured album is the self-titled album by The Knells - music that really stands out on its own. You can either stream the podcast direct from the page or hit the subscribe button in the player to listen via iTunes. Check it all out here. All feedback and comments welcomed.
    Last edited by Sid Smith; 03-05-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks for this. This is precisely why I still peruse this site. Anything with Jan Bang on it grabs my attention.

The Yellow Room podcasts are all worthwhile, but DO NOT miss out on this one if for no other reason then The Knells. Breathtakingly beautiful record.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. The Knells album kind of stopped me cold. Such an intriguing sound.