Thread: Art Zoyd au Phénix le 4 septembre - footage

Art Zoyd au Phénix le 4 septembre - footage

As in, one week ago, September 4? 2020?

If so, I had no idea AZ were in any way an ongoing entity... Who is in the band?

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    As in, one week ago, September 4? 2020?

If so, I had no idea AZ were in any way an ongoing entity... Who is in the band?
    It's one of two final shows. Like final, final. Tributes to Art Zoyd and Gerard's work & legacy by some of the alumni of Art Zoyd.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

To these ears it was pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    To these ears it was pretty boring.
    Curious, not trying to be a dick...

What was boring about it?
    What were you expecting?
    Why didn't it deliver for you?

I'm half watching and listening right now and am finding it pretty fascinating as a strict aural landscape. Sure, no engagement with the audience or anything like that, I mean it's not a rock show or anything. This is what Art Zoyd does, and has been doing for a couple decades now.

And even my previous sentence, now that I look at it may not be exactly accurate as the stage setup and equipment strikes an imposing visual.

In fact, since I'm typing this while watching it, I'll even go back and correct my first comment about not engaging with the audience because the interpretive dancer just came out and started to go all "rogue puppet" on my ass.

So now...i'm interested...and digging it.

Hey, it's Art Zoyd now, not Art Zoyd Generation Sans Futur or even Art Zoyd Berlin.

Looking forward to what comes next!

Best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Will try and check it out tonight, they were simply stunning at RIO a few years ago.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    Curious, not trying to be a dick...

What was boring about it?
    What were you expecting?
    Why didn't it deliver for you?

I'm half watching and listening right now and am finding it pretty fascinating as a strict aural landscape. Sure, no engagement with the audience or anything like that, I mean it's not a rock show or anything. This is what Art Zoyd does, and has been doing for a couple decades now.

And even my previous sentence, now that I look at it may not be exactly accurate as the stage setup and equipment strikes an imposing visual.

In fact, since I'm typing this while watching it, I'll even go back and correct my first comment about not engaging with the audience because the interpretive dancer just came out and started to go all "rogue puppet" on my ass.

So now...i'm interested...and digging it.

Hey, it's Art Zoyd now, not Art Zoyd Generation Sans Futur or even Art Zoyd Berlin.

Looking forward to what comes next!

Best
    Michael

I lacked the suspense, the tension/release they used to, and I couldn't hear/feel any direction... The dancer didn't explain the music.

^^^ I got through about 45 minutes of it and I pretty much agree with that. It often seemed random. That being said, sometimes you need to be physically there, in the hall, for these kinds of shows to connect. You have to feel the drums pounding through the body. You have to see the dancer in 3D. So I may well have enjoyed it in person even if I'm not that impressed after watching on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    ^^^ I got through about 45 minutes of it and I pretty much agree with that. It often seemed random. That being said, sometimes you need to be physically there, in the hall, for these kinds of shows to connect. You have to feel the drums pounding through the body. You have to see the dancer in 3D. So I may well have enjoyed it in person even if I'm not that impressed after watching on the PC.
    True. Being there sometimes helps.

Nowadays, being ANYWHERE would help.
    New album THE HIPCRIME VOCAB available now!
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    "Ide o zmes prog rocku, cosmic music, electronic music a classical music. Prekvapivá a dosť divoká hudobná jazda je vo výslednom efekte znamenitá." - Martin Slávik