Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Todd Rundgren

If you want to get super-pedantic about it, “original Utopia” was Todd, Dave Mason (not that one), “M. Frog” and the Sales brothers. Mason died in 2013, so this version’s not happening, either.

I did see the Todd/Kaz/Roger/Willie line-up in 1994 at a warm-up show for their “Redux” tour. We probably won’t see that lineup either, since Willie and Todd had a falling out, and Roger’s carpal tunnel won’t allow him to play keyboards anymore.
    Last edited by Progbear; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:10 AM.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Today I was scrolling through Todd's discography on Spotify, looking for live albums to listen to, and saw that Liars Live (the audio) was on there. What?! To my knowledge, that had only ever been available as a DVD.

So I went onto iTunes and immediately bought it. There's some great versions of these tunes, both old and new, and to have a good audio version of this concert puts me over the moon.
    Really? I'd not heard about this. Thank you, man!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I did see the Todd/Kaz/Roger/Willie line-up in 1994 at a warm-up show for their “Redux” tour. We probably won’t see that lineup either, since Willie and Todd had a falling out, and Roger’s carpal tunnel won’t allow him to play keyboards anymore.
    I agree that Roger Powell's performing days with Utopia are probably over, but Rundgren and Wilcox toured in Utopia last year so are presumably reconciled.

Full show here: