Thread: Interesting Pink Floyd recordings..

Interesting Pink Floyd recordings..

http://bigozine2.com/roio/?p=1756
    Just saw where these recordings have been posted at both BigO and Sugarmegs.. Could be that these are a variation of the Immersion set.. I'm sure they came from Dime or another source.. Have only just begun to listen to a few of them..

From Abbey Road to Britannia Row - The Extraction Tapes
    Unissued Alternate Studio Recordings 1975 - 1976
    01 Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-9)
    02 Welcome To The Machine
    03 Have A Cigar

04 Sheep (Raving and Drooling)
    05 Dogs
    06 Pigs (Three Different Ones)
    07 Sheep Sound Effects
    Last edited by happytheman; 03-04-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Thanks - I'm going to check these out - don't have the immersion set though.

Thanks. Very cool to hear these early alternate versions.
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, this is really interesting. WYWH is pretty much my favorite album of all time, so having this rougher sounding recording of most of it is really cool. I love having a "cleaner" and "rougher" sounding version of albums, and usually value both equally. Actually, not sure how often that's happened (unless you count live versions as "rougher" versions. Sometimes they are, like the early live versions of Misplaced Childhood.

The only albums I can think of offhand with an alternate, earlier or rough studio version are Roy Harper's "Work of Heart"/"Born in Captivity" and Neil Young's "Living with War"/"Living with War: In the Beginning."

So, is there a studio version of WYWH in the Immersion box that sounds similar to this? I thought there was just something similar to the British Winter Tour 1974 recording?

Also, crazy I need to ask this, but is that Roy or Rog singing Welcome to the Machine?