Thread: Beck - Morning Phase

Beck - Morning Phase

I think it's even better than Sea Change, which is a masterpiece. I can't stop spinning it.

Any Beck fans here? Thoughts on the new release?

I didn't know he had a new album out! I enjoyed his output up through The Information, but I lost interest with Modern Guilt. He was one of my favorite artists of the '90s, and I'm more than happy to give him another chance.

Thanks for posting this -- I'll definitely be seeking out the CD this week.

I saw this in the CD shop the other day but have been out of the loop on Beck releases for the past decade, so I didn't pick it up blind as I would have in the past. I will explore though as I used to really enjoy his albums, and seeing as it comes PE recommended, it must be worth a listen!

I like it a lot for it's lush orchestral background. Beck explained the album and described the process of recording this album in an interview on NPR's radio show All Songs Considered last February 25th. Stream it here.

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/24/280248...-balancing-act
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

I had a Beck phase in 1999. I'd bought a copy of 'Odelay' and listened to it for several months, including 3 or 4 times in a row one Saturday evening. I was given a copy of Mutations and couldn't get interested. when I tired of Odelay, that was the end of Beck for me. Saw him on SNL last week. didn't make it through the first song but loved the 2nd one.