Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627

Thread: Henry Cow Discussion

Banned
    Maybe this is old news, but I wasn't aware - the booklet and bonus CD from the new box are available for separate purchase from ReR for those that have the old box set. Will this be available through Wayside anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Maybe this is old news, but I wasn't aware - the booklet and bonus CD from the new box are available for separate purchase from ReR for those that have the old box set. Will this be available through Wayside anytime soon?
    Not that we have been told.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

My box - the big one - needed 1 and a half month to reach Greece from Germany, but it's finally here. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever set eyes on.

A colleague of mine saw it on my desk this morning and asked me from where I got my food. He thought there was fried chicken in there! I didn't explain that it was just Cow.

OK, so I've listenign to the Hamburg CD from the first boxset, and I notice that in the middle of what appears to be a long improvisation (Hamburg 1-5), there's a track called Red Noise. All six band members' names appear in the byline, but is it a written composition, or is it just another improvised section, and Cutler gave it a title just to mess with our heads?

^ The enhanced booklets in The Road series explain all about those semi-random titles. There's an improv later on called "A Heart", which has to be one of the most poetically contrasting wordings of content I ever came across. I believe there are other examples as well.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Absolutely loving Concerts....did disc one twice tonight. Its such a beautiful recording in so many ways, especially the first 5 BBC tracks, but its all good. Bob did a wonderful job with this 2006 release and I have still never heard the original LP. Also did Leg End yesterday, a frozen desert island album for me. My son did not totally dig it but loved when I played Cardiacs after it.

I have the old version of the three box sets. I may have to pick up the new cd and booklet. I should revisit the sets again first.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Absolutely loving Concerts....did disc one twice tonight. Its such a beautiful recording in so many ways, especially the first 5 BBC tracks, but its all good. Bob did a wonderful job with this 2006 release and I have still never heard the original LP. Also did Leg End yesterday, a frozen desert island album for me. My son did not totally dig it but loved when I played Cardiacs after it.
    Yes those BBC tracks are awesome!
    "A waste of talent and electricity." John Peel on ELP