Page 1 of 113 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 NFL Discussion Thread

The 2012 NFL Discussion Thread

Because this needs to take place on the main board, and not in PM enclaves.

That's the beauty of 3.0, all those non musical subjects don't have to "hide" anymore.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm IN.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

RedZone, beer and lamb chops. Gotta love Sunday!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Because this needs to take place on the main board, and not in PM enclaves.
    That's cool. The private football threads just never worked for me.

Anyway, I have a good feeling about my Dolphins this year (barring any serious injuries). We're far from being good or great, but I could see us going 10-6 this year. Maybe I'm a little over confident but I've been impressed with the defense and our rookie QB.

Hey, look! It's Vic! And now he doesn't have to drop out!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Isn't this cool Scott? Now I don't have to see that annoying, yellow message anymore. We can come and go as we please. Anyway, sorry about all the drama surrounding your Eagles. I think Vick is done after this year. I know it's not all his fault, but I think you'll see some changes next season. I could see Andy Reid getting canned too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Isn't this cool Scott? Now I don't have to see that annoying, yellow message anymore. We can come and go as we please. Anyway, sorry about all the drama surrounding your Eagles. I think Vick is done after this year. I know it's not all his fault, but I think you'll see some changes next season. I could see Andy Reid getting canned too.

No reason to be sorry, my friend. I'm looking forward to the removal of Vick, Reid, Mornhinwheg, and just about everyone else involved in this regime.

As they're saying around here, I have "Reid Fatigue."

Huh. Just noticed that when you change your avatar that it changes your posts in the past, as well - not just your future posts.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

FFffffuck. The Dolphins lost. Shit!. The Colts are as good as the Dolphins. This game exactley the way I envisioned it. Fuck!

Andrew Luck just went off today.

Doug Martin - 250 yards rushing and 4 TD's. Wow.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Dammit Giants. Just dammit.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Bummer of a loss. I'm in this thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Dammit Giants. Just dammit.
    Sure, the one time I want Eli to pull out a last-minute victory, he doesn't do it.

Bengals season going south in a hurry.
    Ian

Giants lost a game, does this mean Coughlin is gonna get fired and Eli should be traded?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Go Niners!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

I'm only casually watching this Cowboys/Falcons game, but they just put up a stat that the Falcons haven't pressured Romo at all. I mean like, NO sacks, NO hurries, NO knock-downs - NOTHING.

And he put up all of 6 points in the first half.

In (for now). Go Packers. This team is shaping up to be like the injury-riddled 2010 squad. The more banged-up we got, the better we played. Go figure.

I had the misfortune of being at the infamous Fail Mary/Inaccurate Reception game. It's awkward being a Packers fan around Seattle these days ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Andrew Luck just went off today.
    I just heard a stat on Mike & Mike this morning about Andrew Luck. Andrew and Peyton Manning both have thrown for the exact amount of yardage so far this year, and both are 5-3. That would be a hell of a playoff game to see these two duke it out.

Uh, yeah I was a little overconfidant about the Dolphins. I think 8-8 is more realistic, maybe 7-9. Yesterday was the 3rd game they lost on a field goal. Well, we're hanging in there. I just hope we don't completely tank it. It's been a while since we've felt good about this team down here.

Quote Originally Posted by IMWeasel View Post
    Giants lost a game, does this mean Coughlin is gonna get fired and Eli should be traded?
    I thought this one was pretty easy to see coming. This was the prototype of a game that the Giants always lose. They'll probably slaughter Cincinnati on the road next week.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun! proggrl's Avatar
    WOOHOO! Go Pats!
    The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Go Seahawks. Actually, the Lions seems to have pulled their heads out of their ass, but time will tell.

The Seahawks can look so good at home and so mediocre on the road. Yeah sure, if they're lucky enough to get into the playoffs, they'll prolly play on the road, but at least we seem to have key players in place. Detroit owns the tie-breaker with Seattle, if they finish the season with identical records, if either one is within sniffin distance of the playoffs. Atlanta is better, Chicago is better, Greenbay is better, SF is better, the Giants are better (referring to other NFC teams). If Dallas, Philly, Washington, Detroit and New Orleans continue to underachieve...
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Sure, the one time I want Eli to pull out a last-minute victory, he doesn't do it.
    I thought you would be happy that Pittsburgh beat a division rival.

Open post....insert foot. mpoll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    In (for now). Go Packers. This team is shaping up to be like the injury-riddled 2010 squad. The more banged-up we got, the better we played. Go figure.

I had the misfortune of being at the infamous Fail Mary/Inaccurate Reception game. It's awkward being a Packers fan around Seattle these days ...

Fellow Cheesehead in Washington: When I'm being ribbed by Seaduck fans about the "Fail Mary", I just bring up the Matt Hasselbeck line from the 2003 Playoff OT coin toss ("We want the ball and we're gonna score.") right before he threw the pick-six to Al Harris. They get real quiet and leave me alone after that....
    "Be Well... Prog On!"

"The Progressive Tracks Show" on KPTZ 91.9 FM / KPTZ.org - Sundays at 5:00 AM and Mondays at 9:00 PM (Pacific Times)
    also on Progzilla Radio / Progzilla.com in the UK - Saturdays at 6:30 PM and Mondays at 2:30 PM (Pacific Times)