Thread: So This Is What Just Occurred When I Went To Progressive Ears Via My "Favorites " Bar

So This Is What Just Occurred When I Went To Progressive Ears Via My "Favorites " Bar

I have sort of like a favorites tab on the top of my main screen on my computer( I'm not to savvy) I go there and click for Progressive Ears and this is what appeared..

http://www.progressiveears.com/default.asp?bhcp=1 WTF ??????

I have about 30 or so favorites that I use and no problems with the others.. Anybody ???

Not sure. I'm more slightly freaked out every time I see that pic. of "today's featured c.d." at the top of the page. I'm a slightly disturbed individual but that picture, my fellow p.e.ers is DISTURBING!!!!! LOL

You have an old link in your favs. It is NOT http://www.progressiveears.com but http://www.progressiveears.org now.

You may now proceed ahead.
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

Thank You !!! I edited the URL and no more Dead Ends!!!! But how and why did this happen ?? It didn't change to . org today did it??

I would say previously there was a "redirect" in place.
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It changed in November 2012, well done keeping up.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    Not sure. I'm more slightly freaked out every time I see that pic. of "today's featured c.d." at the top of the page. I'm a slightly disturbed individual but that picture, my fellow p.e.ers is DISTURBING!!!!! LOL
    YOUSHOULDHEARTHEALBUM!

I've always wondered what happened to the few that refused to migrate over to PE2 (or is this v.3?). They're now floating, lost in time and space.....

About that album cover: Yeah it really is creepy. What is that a slit in his throat, or a "mouth" on his neck? There was one other creepy album cover that was featured once that really took the cake. I have no idea who the artist was (and don't really care), but the cover art was this big, black, hairy arachnoid (like a tarantula) with all of its baby arachnids (all white and translucent) being eaten by the huge, black, freaked out, multi-eyed tarantula from hell. What a freaked out, creepy album cover.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It changed in November 2012, well done keeping up.
    I am on this site EVERY day sometimes..This has been in my favorites long before the switch, and I never had a problem, nor did I ever pay attention to the actual url in the top bar..This only occured just yesterday..Check my posts , I keep up just fine..
    Last edited by beano; 03-02-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I've always wondered what happened to the few that refused to migrate over to PE2 (or is this v.3?). They're now floating, lost in time and space.....

About that album cover: Yeah it really is creepy. What is that a slit in his throat, or a "mouth" on his neck? There was one other creepy album cover that was featured once that really took the cake. I have no idea who the artist was (and don't really care), but the cover art was this big, black, hairy arachnoid (like a tarantula) with all of its baby arachnids (all white and translucent) being eaten by the huge, black, freaked out, multi-eyed tarantula from hell. What a freaked out, creepy album cover.
    Actually that is a virtual representation of Nestor, who we left trapped within the bowels of PE2.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

They're sitting in the corner with their arms crossed, frowning and pouting, unaware that life and music goes on without them.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Actually that is a virtual representation of Nestor
    You mean the freaked out tarantula from hell that eats its own young?

What is that a slit in his throat, or a "mouth" on his neck?
    If you read the liner notes, it's supposed to be a surgically installed artificial larynx. And that photo is purportedly a picture of the band's (fictitious) singer, Cecil Grungard. All the vocals on the album are delivered in a gravelly, droning monotone that makes Tom Waits sound like Frank Sinatra and sounds like a talking didgeridoo. The material is an odd combination of strange sonic experiments, some fairly sophisticated avant-progressive obscured by lo-fi recording and intentionally primitive performances, and made-up "outsider music". The closest thing I can come to in describing it is Captain Beefheart, and that ain't very close.

It takes some getting used to.

About that album cover: Yeah it really is creepy. What is that a slit in his throat, or a "mouth" on his neck? ...
    You said it! I'm glad someone else thinks that. it reminds me of the cover of Porcupine Tree's 'In Absentia" except when I enlarged it I could see the guy's eyes are there, but they're rolling up so mostly the whites of his eyes are showing. I'll be glad when that's gone. I love 'creepy' but not that one.