Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FEATURED CD: Rush - Permanent Waves

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck AzEee! View Post
    Thanks Cozy

My favorite Rush album but yet my all time favorite Rush song is not on this gem.
    It would help if I told everyone what my favorite Rush song is.

It's "Cygnus X-1" and favorite single "Subdivisions".
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

new decade, new direction for Rush, leaving prog towards hard rock. 6 great songs. they could have added another song. probably their shortest album. they need to perform this one live too.

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    This tour had the greatest set list of all time from this band. If you were lucky enough to see it
    I saw it!! My favorite concert of my youth. The band was never the same since.

Love the album. Still, it was painful to hear in the interview about an abandoned epic that was supposedly too Renaissance (the era, not the band) sounding for the album. I'd love to hear a bootleg of that.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    new decade, new direction for Rush, leaving prog towards hard rock. 6 great songs. they could have added another song. probably their shortest album. they need to perform this one live too.
    They're performed 4 of 6 songs from it over the last several tours. I don't think they need to play the album as a whole at this point. Though they should bring back "Jacob's Ladder." "Different Strings" isn't necessary to hear live, IMO.
    Chad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post
    Sorely in need of a 5.1 release.
    Didn't that happen with the Sectors boxsets?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Funnily enough, this was the beginning of the end for me (but I'd followed Rush ever since they played at my high-school in 75)...
    Hated Spirit and Free Will >> both were overplayed in Toronto local radios, and none deserved that kind of attention...
    I thought of Entre Nous and Different Strings as totally forgettable (even fillers)
    Jacob's Ladder is a slow over-repetitive bolero that never materializes or explodes... Only Natural Science had something excitring to offer
    Entre Nous is a great song. Billy Corgan even thinks so, according to his interview in Beyond The Lighted Stage.