Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Yes Album 5.1 release

Point taken and I stand corrected, jkelman. It goes to show that for better or worse he will tend to get the blame for what shows up on the Panegyric releases.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    How the hell do you preorder this?
    Chad

Over at Burning Shed Blu-ray and CD DVD-A

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    Other than his own (and even then he doesn't master), Steven does not produce or remaster the albums he is hired to remix. He remixes. That's what he does; this comes up time and time again and I don't understand why. Read the credits of those albums. He has nothing to do with anything but remixing.....

Sorry to sound sharp, but there are some who keep coming out and blaming him for so many things he doesn't do. You don't like the remixes? That's on him. But anything else? Go after the people listed in the credits....and in most cases, Wilson's remixes are approved by the band....for whatever that's worth. As the Burning Shed info clearly stipulates:
    Nowhere in my post did I say that Steve Wilson either produces or re-masters any releases for any band other than his own.

I said "remaster/production/remix" to cover every base he's involved with other than playing and singing. Even his own albums don't sound great, IMO. His remixes for other bands aren't well done, IMO.

If you don't like the sound of Wilson's Raven album, blame Alan Parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    So, any story on the extended version of "A Venture"? I always felt that that song faded out just as it was getting exciting. Steve's guitar work is pretty hot before it fades.
    I've not heard this extended version and I may have my wires crossed, but I believe the extendedness is in the middle of the song, not at the end.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

I finally got around to picking this up. I haven't listened to everything, but my copy has a very noticeable white-noise glitch about six or seven seconds into All Good People single edit. It lasts just a split second, but very annoying. Has anyone else experienced this? I did a Google search, but didn't find anything pertaining to this.... --Peter