Thread: Keith Sudano of Eternity X - New CD

Keith Sudano of Eternity X - New CD (and ETX - From the Ashes)

I know some of you remember The Edge by Eternity X from way back in 1997. It's still my favorite CD of all time. Fans will remember that was the last released CD by Eternity X.

The band isn't back - but Keith is; and as he wrote all the songs before, that's close enough for me. This isn't The Edge pt. II and it wasn't supposed to be. It's a solo CD with everything done by Keith. All the songwriting, all instruments, singing, production, mixing, everything.

It isn't the over the top craziness of The Edge but it's not too dissimilar in sound to the predecessors, Zodiac and Mind Games.

A few samples can be heard here :

http://www.keithsudano.com/music.htm

The last one, A Biography of Me, is my favorite but that might be because I've heard it the most.

Anyway, I'm really excited to have Keith back (he's already started writing for the next one) and I thought some here might like to know.
    Last edited by DTFan; 03-18-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Not trying to spam this place with ETX - but as The Edge is my favorite Prog Metal CD of all time - Keith has taken the 15 year old live recordings of the follow up to The Edge, mixed and mastered them and made them sound as good as possible. It's not as good as a studio recording, of course, but it's really decent sounding. The music was intended to be more stripped down from The Edge, removing the keyboard player and adding a second guitar player. I've been listening to the demo a lot recently knowing this release was coming and I've really grown to like the songs, now there's a solid sounding recording of them.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/eternityx5

BTW, 3 weeks later the aforementioned solo CD is holding up over time.