Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Syn

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nardelli View Post
    I had dinner with Jonas Reingold in London this week to plan the road map for the new Syn album, detailed announcement pending! Meanwhile SiriusXM satelite radio featured the Syn on Deep Cuts yesterday, very timely. Thanks to Alex at Alliance for giving me a heads-up! Attachment 12944
    Glad to hear that new music is still in the pipeline, Steve. And that the Syn is getting radio play; that's very cool.

Thank you, it's also very cool that you work for SiriusXM. We had the honour and privilege of recording a live session for XM radio at their studios in Washington during the Syndestructible tour, Alan White on drums, that still gets aired by the station. I've added a photo from that session taken by Matt Ridley.

Jonas Reingold has already worked with The Syn producing the Trustworks album which was a collaboration with Moon Safari, if you don't know that album I'd be pleased to send you a copy. I will certainly keep you posted on the new album!

Attachment 12952
    Great pic! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Master View Post
    Somehow never heard Syn before today. But just caught it on Deep Tracks and loved what I heard. My mind was blown to visit this forum and see a thread about them on the front page.
    Thank you, we have a long history that predates Yes, in fact, according to Chris Welch, The Syn is 'very much a precursor of Yes', albeit with a long hiatus period from 1968 to 2003, but always associated with some of the greatest musicians in prog history. We have released 5 studio albums, 3 on vinyl, 1 live album, assorted DVDs and a new album written and in the works. We have been acclaimed as a mainstay of modern progressive music which I take as a great compliment and reference to my drive to create new Syn music rather than retro and long may I continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Glad to hear that new music is still in the pipeline, Steve. And that the Syn is getting radio play; that's very cool.
    Many thanks, I get plenty of criticism to balance plenty of support, actually, both are appreciated. Creating new Syn music and getting radio play to back it up is very cool and makes me very happy.

Thanks Steve, here's another one from a whole series of great photos of the session taken by Matt Ridley.XM1.jpg

Thanks Steve, here's another one from a whole series of great photos of the session taken by Matt Ridley.XM1.jpg
    Great smiles on both you and Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Great smiles on both you and Chris!
    Happy days, great memories!

This is an interview I did recently about the making of Syndestructible that has just turned up on Youtube. It was filmed in the garden of my house which is in the heart of a country village but sounds at times that we are next to a runway at Heathrow, but it's informative of the background to the album. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px07...oVvSHyzPgFUNwM

This is an interview I did recently about the making of Syndestructible that has just turned up on Youtube. It was filmed in the garden of my house which is in the heart of a country village but sounds at times that we are next to a runway at Heathrow, but it's informative of the background to the album. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px07...oVvSHyzPgFUNwM
    That was really enjoyable, Steve. I too feel that "Syndestructible" was the closest Chris ever came to a follow-up to "Fish Out of Water."

How are the current projects coming along?

Thank you!

That was really enjoyable, Steve. I too feel that "Syndestructible" was the closest Chris ever came to a follow-up to "Fish Out of Water."

How are the current projects coming along?

Thank you!
    Thank you, there is a lot happening with The Syn at the moment around a new album with strong Indian links. One thing confirmed to me by the director today is that Trustworks will feature in a major new movie, it's very nice that the album is starting to be held in very high regard beyond our relatively small but significant prog audiences.

Thank you for posting the link to the interview, I enjoyed it.
    To see the same garden where the album was composed is fascinating, and 50 years later to do an interview there is great!
    Thanks Steve.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Thank you, there is a lot happening with The Syn at the moment around a new album with strong Indian links. One thing confirmed to me by the director today is that Trustworks will feature in a major new movie, it's very nice that the album is starting to be held in very high regard beyond our relatively small but significant prog audiences.
    Outstanding! Very exciting, Steve!

As i have mentioned, i am a huge fan of Indian music so I look forward to the album.

I can see "Trustworks" garnering attention from the movie folks. It is very 'cinematic' in its scope and sound. Big themes...big treatments...big sonic landscapes.

Very, very cool.

I had the pleasure of meeting the very talented and lovely American film maker Heidi Hornbacher today to be interviewed for a new movie she is making about Peter Banks. It sounds like a fascinating and insightful film that reflects the intricate life and unique talent of Peter that will no doubt create a worldwide platform for his immense musical legacy. I always enjoy revisiting the long history and heritage of the Syn and its musicians, something I'll always be very proud of.
    IMG_20190521_1320375.jpg

I had the pleasure of meeting the very talented and lovely American film maker Heidi Hornbacher today to be interviewed for a new movie she is making about Peter Banks. It sounds like a fascinating and insightful film that reflects the intricate life and unique talent of Peter that will no doubt create a worldwide platform for his immense musical legacy. I always enjoy revisiting the long history and heritage of the Syn and its musicians, something I'll always be very proud of.
    IMG_20190521_1320375.jpg
    That is great news. Peter Banks deserves this. I certainly want to see it when it is available.

I have a nice tie-dye Syn T-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    I have a nice tie-dye Syn T-shirt
    Cool!
    Photos please!

That is great news. Peter Banks deserves this. I certainly want to see it when it is available.
    I agree, he does deserve it Steve. A question Heidi asked me was did I think Peter should have been included in the Yes Rock and Roll Hall of Fame award. My answer yes, he was an integral musical part and significant influence in the creation of Yes having spent the prior two years with Chris as part of the Syn. I think he was seriously overlooked.

Good news, I love PB's playing.

I recently recorded an interview with Joe Whalen for his Frontiers show in New York that is being broadcast as 2 one hour specials on the Syn. The first is very aptly being broadcast on the Seventh Day of Seven!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Part 2 broadcast tonight 10 pm New York time:

RADIO ALERT: Attention all SYN soldiers.. Listen-in TONITE at 10 pm EST, (7/14), to WHPC (90.3FM, NY/NJ/CT). Part 2 of our SYN Radio Celebration - featuring an extended interview with Steve Nardelli - concerning the recent vinyl record releases of THE SYN's mighty masterpiece albums, SYNDESTRUCTIBLE & TRUSTWORKS. Its a terrific honor to have Steve back on my radio show. All tune-in! Link Below..

https://www.ncc.edu/studentlife/whpc...um2fVWV84kDRYI

Her Majesty
    I got wind of it.

The wind just blew the full show on to a Sound Cloud!

https://soundcloud.com/user-27004198...6xoCdZPuN8G9fs

The wind just blew the full show on to a Sound Cloud!

https://soundcloud.com/user-27004198...6xoCdZPuN8G9fs
    I will check it out!
    Thanks, Steve!

Very pleased to see the excellent Melody Makers documentary movie is soon to be released!

melodymakers.jpg

Great to see this excellent movie about to be released on video!

Melody Makers released on DVD and VOD in the USA and UK on December 17th , 2019 from Cleopatra Entertainment following its theatrical at the Arena Cinelounge Nov. 29th - Dec. 4th.

melody makers.jpg