Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camel tour 2014: Sad news

Camel tour 2014: Sad news

Just read the sad news on the www.camelproductions.com site. My thoughts go to Guy. Get well soon!

My thoughts go out to Guy who will be sadly missed on the tour. Hope the prognosis is wrong and you overcome this horrible disease. Get well soon Guy!

However, his replacement is more than capable of carrying the Camel flag as he did so brilliantly when called upon the last time. Counting the days down for the Sheffield gig, can't wait.

That's very sad news for Guy, I hope things work out better than the prognosis. I loved his performance at The Barbican for the moving reunion show, and he will be missed this time around. Good luck to him for his treatment. I wish him well.

So sorry to hear this. Good luck to Guy in fighting this.

I met Guy in NC when he played with Dave Campbell & Rebel Wheel. I came away very impressed with not only his musical talent (which I already knew from Nathan Mahl), but also with his banter and delightful personality.

My positive thoughts and energies are with him as he fights this big battle.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Sorry to hear this news. Good vibes and good luck with your treatment Guy.

Love & prayers to Guy.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

So sad this, Guy was brilliant on the first leg of shows,hope his prognosis is good.

Ton will do the job, although the 2 tours ive seen him with Camel, he`s not my favourite Camel boards player.. but great of him to step in at short and tragic notice.

I talked to him briefly once. I mostly know him through Nathan Mahl but it was cool when he became Camel's keyboardist. I hope he recovers from this and is able to play again.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Sad news. God I hate this disease.
    "Young man says you are what you eat, eat well."
    http://www.blissbomb.net/

Cancer sucks.

Guy and his awesome hair and his keyboard skillz will be missed.

Get better soon d00d.
    flute juice

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Very sorry to hear this - I hope you make a full and fast recovery, Guy!

I'm a little confused about something, though: I thought Jason Hart was playing keyboards for Camel for one of these recent or upcoming tours - not sure if it was a dual keyboardist thing or not. Did Jason play with them, and is he ALSO playing on this upcoming tour? Or did that fizzle out or something?

While we're on the subject, is Jason still playing with Renaissance?

I know Jason might come along here and clarify this, though I won't hold my breath because I don't think he's on PE that often. And I'm not pitting anyone against anyone else - these are all great players, and the main thing is for Guy to get healthy!

^^ Jason was and AFAIK is still playing with them. The reason he replaced Jan Schelhaas way before the recent tour even started was because he was available for this tour.

At the London show I saw, Guy and Jason were sharing keyboard duties. Guy was doing the "traditional" keyboard stuff - organ and most of the Moog-type solos, etc., while Jason's forte was the orchestral parts on "The Snow Goose". Both were brilliant in their own way. It was good to see Camel resurrect the two-keyboard idea, which works well for their music.

I wish Guy the very best in his struggle, may he return to Camel sooner than later !
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Very sorry to hear this - I hope you make a full and fast recovery, Guy!

I'm a little confused about something, though: I thought Jason Hart was playing keyboards for Camel for one of these recent or upcoming tours - not sure if it was a dual keyboardist thing or not. Did Jason play with them, and is he ALSO playing on this upcoming tour? Or did that fizzle out or something?

While we're on the subject, is Jason still playing with Renaissance?

I know Jason might come along here and clarify this, though I won't hold my breath because I don't think he's on PE that often. And I'm not pitting anyone against anyone else - these are all great players, and the main thing is for Guy to get healthy!
    Jed, do you check your Facebook? I know you are friends with Jason there. He has posted many, many times about playing with Camel, and has posted recently that he is getting prepared for the upcoming Camel tour.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Thoughts and prayers go out to Guy in his battle.

Very sorry to hear about this. All the best wishes to Guy, and I hope the treatment goes well.

Yes, I'm doing the upcoming Camel tour, and continue working with Renaissance. I'm also chipping away at the next I and Thou CD and involved in a bunch of other projects. Busy, busy!

For the Snow Goose material it is very helpful to have 2 keyboard players, and I'm honored to have been able to participate. It has been a joy.

I only learned about Guy's situation a couple days ago, and I was shocked and feel very sad about it. We've been in touch and he is staying strong. I will certainly miss his company on the upcoming tour. Ton seems like a super fellow and everything I've heard indicates he's a fantastic musician. So we carry on.

best to all,

Jason

p.s. hey Adam!
    p.s.s. hey Jed!

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    Jed, do you check your Facebook? I know you are friends with Jason there. He has posted many, many times about playing with Camel, and has posted recently that he is getting prepared for the upcoming Camel tour.
    I don't actually use Facebook much. I'm pretty much intentionally shunning social media (aside from PE!).

But I don't want to derail the thread. Glad to see Jason's update above!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I met Guy in NC when he played with Dave Campbell & Rebel Wheel. I came away very impressed with not only his musical talent (which I already knew from Nathan Mahl), but also with his banter and delightful personality.

My positive thoughts and energies are with him as he fights this big battle.
    I was at that same show with Steve, and I do remember Guy being an immense talent and quiet the nice guy. Wish Guy the best.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I was at that same show with Steve, and I do remember Guy being an immense talent and quiet the nice guy. Wish Guy the best.
    Me three!

Lopez, I'm wondering it I've met you.

Guy, beat it back, and never give a day away. Not to cancer anyway. Best of luck to you.

I'm so sorry to hear it, and I wish Guy nothing but the best. A wonderful addition to the world of music.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear it, and I wish Guy nothing but the best. A wonderful addition to the world of music.
    And how! I had a good listen to Heretik part I recently and enjoyed the heck out of it. Great for fans of fusiony prog like Minimum Vital.

Started my day with playing Guy's great Subversia album, followed by the All The Rage cd. Now I'm ready to start a Nathan Mahl-marathon for tonight, playing all their discs. Great great music! Fight this and get well Guy!!