Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Van Halen Working On New Album

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    David Lee Roth: vox
    Eddie Van Halen: guitar
    Wolfgang Van Halen: bass
    Alex Van Halen: Drums

And it all sounds like this:

I was gettin into that vid until the vox kicked in but had to shut it down, fanx for posting tho!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    I was gettin into that vid until the vox kicked in but had to shut it down, fanx for posting tho!
    Trolls will be trolls, bad trolls, bad trolls. I think that Dave is like a fine wine. He only gets better with age. I'm surprised that he pulls out some high notes on this CD.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Trolls will be trolls, bad trolls, bad trolls. I think that Dave is like a fine wine. He only gets better with age.
    Unless it's stored improperly and turns into vinegar.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

David Lee Roth performed with the Foo Fighters last night in Los Angeles. It appears 'ol Diamond Dave has gone clean shaven and completely bald. I never thought he would do that! All the pics so far are blurry, so maybe some good ones will start to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    David Lee Roth performed with the Foo Fighters last night in Los Angeles. It appears 'ol Diamond Dave has gone clean shaven and completely bald. I never thought he would do that! All the pics so far are blurry, so maybe some good ones will start to appear.
    Hasn't he been like that for years?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Hasn't he been like that for years?
    No. He has never appeared in public with a bald head.

I really liked ADKOT so bring on the new album. But please go a little easier on the mastering on it.
    And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Hey I'm a bald chrome dome. Go Dave.......

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

he's shaved his plugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Olesen View Post
    I really liked ADKOT so bring on the new album. But please go a little easier on the mastering on it.
    No kidding... This thread prompted me to play ADKOT and I still can't get halfway through it before my ears start bleeding. A bona fide "single" would have been nice too.

EDIT: I had to play a Sigur Ros CD just to recover!

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    No kidding... This thread prompted me to play ADKOT and I still can't get halfway through it before my ears start bleeding. A bona fide "single" would have been nice too.

EDIT: I had to play a Sigur Ros CD just to recover!

Out of curiosity what is the source of the ear bleed?

I have listened to this album a number of time at moderate to high volume and have no troubles. It is a hard rock record, nothing out of the ordinary, never noticed anything in the mastering that that's harsh or just plain sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Out of curiosity what is the source of the ear bleed?

I have listened to this album a number of time at moderate to high volume and have no troubles. It is a hard rock record, nothing out of the ordinary, never noticed anything in the mastering that that's harsh or just plain sucks.
    I will let one of our sound experts provide a more scientific answer, but to me it sounds like there is a shrill layer of white noise present throughout most of the recording. It may come from the drums/cymbals or the distortion on the guitar, or both. After a while it is like nails on a chalkboard.

I have no issue with the sound. I listen to it many times via good headphones. I love ADKOT!

I think it sounds fine. I think Death Magnet sounds good too. Vapor Trails really sounds awful.

BTW I agree it is a fun album overall. They really captured the wackiness that made the early VH so great. But due to the sound I can only listen in small doses...