Thread: Tamarisk - Frozen in time

Orcopian

Tamarisk - Frozen in time

been enjoyIng this re-release over the last few days, I had the ascension tape (as I think it was referred to at the time) back in the 80's, but the first few tracks are new to me and a bit of a revelation, the start of the opening track kicks off like PIL!

A great nostalgia trip for me, I think it has dated pretty well and suggests that given the breaks Tamarisk could have been a far bigger name.

I've been listening to it on Spotify and its under a fiver for the amazon download, but I think the CD will include 30 mins of live tracks as well, so I hope to get hold of that soon. I have one live track on a compilation cassette from a UK electronica festival (which also featured haze) so I wonder if the live tracks will be from the same gig?

This will be an autobuy for me. It's been a slow train comin'. I've got both of their cassettes, but I'd want this regardless of extras.

Hi, I've never heard about a compilation cassette from the UK electronica festival, I knew there was a film floating about somewhere but haven't tracked that down either, would you be wiling to make a copy for Me? or trade it for the live tracks NOT included on 'Frozen in time'?

Pete
    ratrat3@hotmail.com

Orcopian
    I'm not sure where the tape is, my house is all over the place due to building work at the moment but hopefully I'll be able to track it down in a few weeks when things get back to normal. The tape has tracks by all of the artists who appeared at the festival with a great long track by Spanish band neuronium being one of the highlights. Sheffield prog band haze also appear.

Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
    Hi, I've never heard about a compilation cassette from the UK electronica festival, I knew there was a film floating about somewhere but haven't tracked that down either, would you be wiling to make a copy for Me? or trade it for the live tracks NOT included on 'Frozen in time'?

Pete
    ratrat3@hotmail.com
    There was a cassette and a VHS tape with excerpts from the UK Electronica Festival. I've never heard it, but have read that it was pretty misnamed.

I think Tamarisk and Haze were the only Prog bands on it.