Thread: Upcoming release: Spoke of Shadows from Firepool Records

Upcoming release: Spoke of Shadows from Firepool Records

Hello all. Coming Feb 25th from Firepool (Djam Karet's boutique label), Spoke of Shadows is a collaboration between Warr guitarist Mark Cook (Hands, Herd of Instinct) and modern drummer columnist Bill Bachman (Neil Morse) with guests from DK, Darkology, Byzantine, Charlie Daniels band (!) and more. If you like what you hear you can tune into the Gagliarchives tonight. Tom is going to be spotlighting it.

If you really like what you hear it is available for preorder now from DK's store. And so is the excellent new Djam Karet album Regenerator 3017 which also releases the same day.

http://djamkaret.com/store/

Best,
    Dave

You can now listen to the full album on Progstreaming.com

It amazes me the stuff that seems to fall under the radar.

This is one badass release.
    I dl the cd from iTunes & I am digging the sounds. A bit lighter than Herd of Instinct, but percussion heavy and full of awesome melodies. I dig it.

Glad you like it, Bo. I'd say it's lighter than HOI and heavier at the same time. It swings a bit more between the two extremes, where Herd spends more time in the middle. You're not going to get bar blues piano on Herd, and while Herd loves incorporating metal they tend to shy away from the more modern metal sounds. The main contributing guitarist on Spoke, Tony Rohrbough from post thrash/groove metal band Byzantine adds some nice modern crunch in places. Yet he has no problem laying down ridiculously proggy stuff either. He came up with the basic tracks on the very Frippish 'Dichotomy'. The one song I play on was originally composed for Conjure, but rejected for being too mellow.

Dave

Yes, Dave, the light/dark fluctuations really open up the ambience. I need to take this one out for a spin (listening while bicycling) which really reveals all the nuances to me.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Well, Boceephus, this band REALLY flew under the radar because I just found out about it a few days ago, and promptly ordered their two CDs from Laser's Edge (without having heard a note!). Looking forward to listening to both!