Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough challenge - THREE desert island songs

Well the 8 minute caveat takes away most of my favourite prog songs. Best I can do with the restrictions:

"The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

"Alienated-so alien I go!"

Goldilox - King's X (about love)
    Crank It Up - The Dregs (a vocal tune!) (about playing music)
    In Christ Alone - Adrienne Liesching (about you know Who...)

I would be partial to songs that sound a little different depending on the mood I was in. Typically a long and slightly complicated song...
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 02-15-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Still alive and well...

Here under 8 minutes....
    I Gotcha by Joe Tex http://youtu.be/0qT4zTv_vVY
    Little LiL by Mel Dorsey. http://youtu.be/9C4lpfeTzJE
    And Heaven nor hell by volbeat http://youtu.be/vEN3mQ0ql30
    Last edited by Nijinsky Hind; 02-15-2014 at 09:29 PM.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    Well the 8 minute caveat takes away most of my favourite prog songs. Best I can do with the restrictions:

You know, I try to make it a point to check out everyones music, and almost ALWAYS find awesome and amazing things I've never heard before.... Your first two choices are awesome and i'm familiar with them. The third one though ... Embarrassingly absurd. Even the fine musicianship cannot make this song right.
    Tommy can you hear me? Being on a desert island with a song like this on my playlist would surely drive me to impale myself on the biggest banana I could find.... No offense.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    Embarrassingly absurd. Even the fine musicianship cannot make this song right.
    Tommy can you hear me? Being on a desert island with a song like this on my playlist would surely drive me to impale myself on the biggest banana I could find.... No offense.
    No offense taken. I have a strong personal connection to the song. All three songs move me emotionally. I listened to your songs and don't have a problem with them, but I don't find an connection to the mind and soul...and that is what I look for. That's obviously not what you look for, but there is something about those songs that move you, so good for you.

Besides, not everyone can be right all the time (and you are wrong this time ).
    Last edited by gryphs also; 02-16-2014 at 04:46 AM.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Yes i am wrong, Please accept my apology for my beer eared comment last night. Re-read it this morning and it is rude. Of course we all like what we like. maybe that cover art freaked me out.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by gryphs also View Post
    No offense taken. I have a strong personal connection to the song.
    I would've picked "Here Among The Cats" from the first MW album, but connections are connections.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973