Thread: New Doors tribute CD

New Doors tribute CD

Who the heck are those bands on this tribute? Don't recognize a single one.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I'm only familiar with Dead Meadow and The Black Angels, both psychedelic bands. I've heard of the Raveonettes but none of the others. I'm just glad it'll be psychedelic covers of Doors songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hejs...FB58404707BA0B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0SICfgXipI

A tribute CD from Cleopatra that does not involve Billy Sherwood?

uuuh I don't know what you're talking about okay, I get the Cleopatra bit but Billy Sherwood?

I think this is a Sherwoodism and that Steve Howe even plays on it!

I saw Sons of Hippies open for Nektar this last year. They were pretty freaky. I think they're fitting for a Doors tribute, if there actually is such a thing.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Sons of Hippies... I think they're fitting for a Doors tribute, if there actually is such a thing.
    qu'est-ce que c'est?

Might be a bit tacky to post, but this was recorded for a supposed Doors tribute album back in 2003 or so. It's pretty original and something I'm proud of .

https://soundcloud.com/darklounge/01...fire-redux2004

The Raveonettes are a Danish duo. I'm only familiar with them from their appearance on the Who Are You? tribute album, where they did "The Kids Are All Right," one of the few tracks to deviate notably from the original (& therefore one of my favorites).
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I saw Sons of Hippies open for Nektar this last year. They were pretty freaky. I think they're fitting for a Doors tribute, if there actually is such a thing.
    what do you mean 'if there is such a thing'? to be fitting for a Doors tribute?

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    what do you mean 'if there is such a thing'? to be fitting for a Doors tribute?
    Well, I wasn't very clear. It was more about tributes by bands that don't have what it takes to rise to any level close to the material they're performing. For example, Justin Beiber playing a Doors song would be an insult, not a tribute, IMO.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

^ I know. that's why I posted a question in French. According to your comment, imo the Black Angels and Dead Meadow are appropriate for this particular tribute disc. I wish Primus was on it but I'm not going to complain. it'll be good to have another 12 takes on Doors songs.

Quote Originally Posted by kayfabe58 View Post
    Might be a bit tacky to post, but this was recorded for a supposed Doors tribute album back in 2003 or so. It's pretty original and something I'm proud of .

I actually like that quite a bit. Too short & I'd throw in some horns and maybe some weird percussion, but that's me. I have a couple of lounge music CDs, including a lounge tribute to the Misfits.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I actually like that quite a bit. Too short & I'd throw in some horns and maybe some weird percussion, but that's me. I have a couple of lounge music CDs, including a lounge tribute to the Misfits.
    Thanks! I would live to hear any other thoughts on Light My Fire redux