Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jay Leno ends his 22 year Tonight Show run

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Btw, I discovered through Facebook this morning that Fred Armisen will be the bandleader on Late Night With Seth Meyers for the 8G Band.
    Saw that too. I knew Armisen was a musician (he often played during SNL skits), but had no idea he was the drummer for Trenchmouth back in the 90's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    The one Tonight Show w/Leno that I watched was only because Leon Redbone was on. hoo boy, I'm gonna miss Jay.
    You only saw on episode of The Tonight Show With Jay Leno? Then, how could you miss him?

Conan got a raw deal from NBC. Jay was suppose to retire, but NBC just gave him a 10:35 slot. The Jay Leno Show didn't get good ratings. So, they gave Jay his old job back, thereby screwing Conan. At least TBS had George Lopez to help give Conan a new home.
    Conan screwed himself by not being funny. And he's still not, and never will be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Conan screwed himself by not being funny. And he's still not, and never will be.
    Well, that's one person's opinion. IMHO, he's a lot funny than Dave and Jay.

If this doesn't make you laugh I don't want you anywhere near my BBQ. Hilarious...

"Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

You only saw on episode of The Tonight Show With Jay Leno? Then, how could you miss him?
    That was sarcasm. I'm not going to miss him. if I miss anyone, it'll be Seth Meyers on Weekend Update, but I think Cecily Strong will continue to be good and become great.

Watched both Tonight Show and Late Night farewell episodes. Nothing special on either except for the Muppets bit.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Banned
    That was sarcasm. I'm not going to miss him. if I miss anyone, it'll be Seth Meyers on Weekend Update, but I think Cecily Strong will continue to be good and become great.
    As I've been told before, emoticons are your friend. I do think Cecily Strong is funny, but if she is an anchor she probably won't do her girl that you wish you hadn't started a conversation with a party character, or whatever it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Well, that's one person's opinion.
    Two. He and his schlubby sidekick are like a couple of 10-year-olds playing "talk show" in their parents' basement. Cringingly unfunny.
    Last edited by mogrooves; 02-12-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

She is good, in fact SNL has one of the strongest female casts that they have ever had right now in my opinion.

Tonight. The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Tonight.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Tonight. The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Tonight.
    I am so stoked. Too bad we have to wait a week for Seth's Late Night debut. Damn Olympics, I curse ye!!

Banned
    So, did anyone watch the show? I did, and I loved it. Is it me, or did Jimmy seem a little nervous?

Best part of the night comes at 9:15 of this video: (Start at around 7:40 for the full effect.)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I liked it when at the end of all those giving him a hundred bucks, Stephen Colbert dumps a 10000 pennies on Fallon and yells "welcome to 11:30....Bitch!"
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I liked it when at the end of all those giving him a hundred bucks, Stephen Colbert dumps a 10000 pennies on Fallon and yells "welcome to 11:30....Bitch!"
    That was the best part of the whole segment (not to mention his "selfie" with Jimmy ).

Banned
    LMAO at the skit that Jimmy and Jonah Hill did.