Thread: Lifesigns 2014 dates including new German shows

Lifesigns 2014 dates including new German shows

The shows will feature:
    John Young (keys & vox) (ex Asia, Greenslade, Strawbs, Qango, Scorpions)
    Frosty Beedle (drums) (ex Cutting Crew)
    Jon Poole (bass) (ex Cardiacs , Wildhearts)
    Niko Tsonev (guitar) (ex Steven Wilson)

_DSC5718B.jpg

Fri March 28th The Assembly, Leamington Spa, UK (support from Landmarq and Matt Stevens)
    Mon April 7th -13th Cruise to the Edge Miami
    Sun April 27th Stuttgart, LKA Longhorn Germany
    Tues April 29th Hamburg, Knust Germany
    Wed April 30th Berlin, C-Club Germany
    Fri May 2nd The Stables Milton Keynes UK
    Sun May 11th The Robin 2 Bilston UK (support from the Reasoning)
    Mon May 26th Greystones, Sheffield UK

more to follow......
    details at www.lifesigns.me
    and at www.facebook.com/signslife
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kind of crazy that Nick Beggs isn't touring with them. I thought he was one of the main draws of this collaboration. I guess it's because of his other commitments...is it that he's touring with Steve Hackett this spring? Or maybe Steven Wilson is recording with him?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottAM View Post
    Kind of crazy that Nick Beggs isn't touring with them. I thought he was one of the main draws of this collaboration. I guess it's because of his other commitments...is it that he's touring with Steve Hackett this spring? Or maybe Steven Wilson is recording with him?
    AFAIK Lifesigns is a project with John Young at the helm. Nick Beggs was a big part of the whole sound of it though so I am curious how they are going to do it live. And yes, Beggs has other commitments in the form of touring with probably Kim Wilde and for certain Hackett this year. He posted a picture of a double 12-string / bass he had made to order just the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    AFAIK Lifesigns is a project with John Young at the helm. Nick Beggs was a big part of the whole sound of it though so I am curious how they are going to do it live. And yes, Beggs has other commitments in the form of touring with probably Kim Wilde and for certain Hackett this year. He posted a picture of a double 12-string / bass he had made to order just the other day.
    Jon Poole from Cardiacs is amazing!!

PS I'm looking forward to doing the support slot

Just returned from the first Lifesigns gig (OK they did a couple of warm ups...) in Leamington, very impressed. Apart from the whole of the album, they had a couple of new numbers and they also played a couple of JYB numbers. Jon Poole did a fine job on bass.

Enjoyed Matt Stevens set too, I've known of him for years but actually seen him before. He almost didn't make it as the train he was on hit a fallen tree, he was left stranded about 20 miles from the gig. He put out an SOS on Facebook and someone on their way to to gig picked him up and got their just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Progtastic View Post
    Just returned from the first Lifesigns gig (OK they did a couple of warm ups...) in Leamington, very impressed. Apart from the whole of the album, they had a couple of new numbers and they also played a couple of JYB numbers. Jon Poole did a fine job on bass.

Enjoyed Matt Stevens set too, I've known of him for years but actually seen him before. He almost didn't make it as the train he was on hit a fallen tree, he was left stranded about 20 miles from the gig. He put out an SOS on Facebook and someone on their way to to gig picked him up and got their just in time.
    Thanks - was a bit of a nightmare but I enjoyed playing

Missed this before. Wish they'd tour the U.S. - I flat-out LOVE this album. Easily my album of the year in 2013. Great work, Mr. Young!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Missed this before. Wish they'd tour the U.S. - I flat-out LOVE this album. Easily my album of the year in 2013. Great work, Mr. Young!
    I thought they were great last night. Top players, well worth seeing.