Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Parsons Project - Freudiana

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    that signature bouncing electronic backbeat.
    Yeah, considering Parsons' background in sound, it's hard to believe that they stuck with this for so long.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I'd say I,Robot and Ammonia Ave are my two faves and would consider them great from start to finish, (w/ Turn of a Friendly Card close behind) but yeah, some of APP albums have some songs that are either too "showy" or just plain silly, like Pyramania or Funny You Should Say That.
    I have always thought that "Amonia Avenue" was an underated / overlooked album. I would agree that it is pretty strong from beginning to end and probably the last really good APP album.

my top 3 APP list:

1) Tales of Mystery and Imagination - LOVE this album! I prefer the original vinyl to the late 80's revision, though the Orson Wells narration is pretty cool.

2 I Robot - Another winner. I prefer the original vinyl and CD versions to the more recent remastered ones with bonus tracks and demos. I feel this way with all the APP albums. I find the bonus stuff interesting on the first listen, but mostly annoying thereafter.

3) Eye In the Sky - This one was very artistically and commercially successful with only a few clunkers. "Children of the Moon" features a great David Paton vocal. I find the whole album very sonically cohesive.