Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The Winter Games of the (blah blah blah) Olympiad Thread

Well, I made the 7:00am reservation at the local pub for Sunday. Canadians don't care about the time. If there's beer and hockey, we'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Yves, For me it was just as intense. Especially fighting for that tying goal. I was on the edge of my seat.

Canada was the better team for sure. The D was the story here. Impressive as hell. Not to mention if not for J Quick, score would have been more lopsided. Props eh!

Now I root for Sweden
    Quciky!! Great to have him playing LA.

Is this what you meant?
    Niet!

I meant this one:

Good Lord!

I thought this was cute...

Sochi Canada US babies.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rottersclub View Post
    Kramer is in the Olympics!?

There is indeed: Sven Kramer is one of our (Dutch) best speedskaters this time winning gold on the 5K and silver on the 10K. This afternoon he is going for gold as a member of the speedskating team pursuit squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Honestly, I just want this to be over so the NHL can resume.
    You captured the thought going through every US player's mind. By 3-0 esp.

I like Canada to take it 3-1, with an empty net goal at the end.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I think the Swedes are going to go to IKEA tomorrow... learn how to build an OFFENSE!

So the rumour is that Nic Backstrom took a Claritin which is a banned substance and hence could not play in the gold medal game. That certainly didn't help the Swedish offence.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

Russia wins the medal count. I am sure that will bring a smile to Putin's face, as he cuddles in bed with an inconsolable Viktor Yanukovich. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Well that was fun! Getting up at 6:00am, heading to our favourite pub, and watching the game with a bar full of people was definately way more fun than watching it at home on our own. But I really need a nap now.

Jon Neudorf
    Canada played a near perfect game today. Too much for Sweden to handle and with their injuries it was too much to overcome. Crosby had his best game of the tournament. With all these superstars it was nice to see them play as a team.

Regards,
    Jon

Like the guys on TV and radio like to say - their game had a lot of structure. I think Erik Karlsson has had more give-a-ways in a period than Team Canada did in the entire tournament. And that my friends is why PK Subban got to watch rather than play. He's got 3+ years to learn to play that way if he wants to represent his country.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

And to all, a good night. See ya in 4 years!
    (2 for the Summer games of course.)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Any compilation video of the highlights of the 2014 Winter Olympics MUST include footage of Pussy Riot being horse-whipped by Cossacks. That was so colorful, and an important part of Russian culture.

Is anyone watching the Paralympic games? (where Canada is continuing to kick ass in hockey and curling, I might add)