Thread: Neal Morse: The Early SNOW Demos CD

Neal Morse: The Early SNOW Demos CD

This just arrived today and I'm finding it quite interesting to listen to. Three tracks only, but 55 minutes in total. It's always cool to hear the direction a certain album was taking at the early stage. Some of the stuff is almost identical to the finished album (barring the lyrics which are completely different, and in some cases just noises as Neal is just trying to work out the vocal melodies), and some of it was scrapped altogether. Cool disc!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    As an Inner Circle member, got this last week and enjoyed it. I dig demos (though his Whirlwind demos didn't thrill me the way his earlier Transatlantic demos did). What seems to be evident in listening to Neal's demos is how much he had been the driving creative force in Spock's (duh!) but also at least the first two TA albums. Still digging Flying Colors' "Island of the Lost Keyboards" (Neal's mix) more than the actual release.