Thread: New Alan Parsons Project Box Set

New Alan Parsons Project Box Set

Does anyone know anything about the new APP box set/complete albums being released soon?

I think it was officially due out last summer. Not sure what happened.

Must be some kind of set of APP, in a box.

I'm just extrapolating here.

Here you go.....

It will be released in March.

http://www.myplaydirect.com/the-alan-parsons-project

The main piece of interest for me (and many others I assume) is the release of The Sicilian Defense CD.

^^^Thanks. I wonder if they are remastered? If AP was involved? And yeah, what is The Sicilian Defense like?

Quote Originally Posted by Reach View Post
    ^^^Thanks. I wonder if they are remastered? If AP was involved? And yeah, what is The Sicilian Defense like?
    It really hasn't been heard until the release of this box set. If I am not mistaken, Alan and Eric made it to honor their Arista contract at the time (at the same time as Eve) and it is all instrumental. It was a contract bargaining chip CD that was never released. Alan has said that it is an interesting album but to not expect a whole lot from it. At one time, he said it would never be released if he had anything to do with it, but he must have had a change of heart. Personally though, I am interested to hear an all instrumental album from the Alan Parsons Project made in the late 70s.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    I've been a fan of APP since 1982 "Eye In The Sky", yet I've never ever heard of the Sicilian Defense. I'm intrigued, and I love boxsets, so bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    I've been a fan of APP since 1982 "Eye In The Sky", yet I've never ever heard of the Sicilian Defense. I'm intrigued, and I love boxsets, so bring it on!
    I'm a little fearful that it will basically sound like the Ladyhawke soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunhillow View Post
    http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Alan...ian_Defense%22

and here Alan Parsons has something to say about it:

http://innerviews.org/inner/parsons.html

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I'm a little fearful that it will basically sound like the Ladyhawke soundtrack.
    My guess is that it won't. Every indication is that it was thrown together pretty quickly. I am not even sure if Andrew Powell was involved with it. The one piece from it that has been released is on the special edition of Eve. It is a rather nice, but generally unspectacular solo piano piece called 'Elsie's Theme'.

Last edited by Patelena396; 02-05-2014 at 12:32 AM.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool! Unfortunately I bought all those remastered editions that came out a while back. But this box looks nice...

Only thing that would have convinced me to buy this box set would be 5.1 versions. Not happening, apparently.

its set for a March 31st release. it includes all 10 albums plus 'The Sicilian Defence'... an unreleased APP album.
    not sure if the bonus tracks on the 2009 5.1 remasters are included or not.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    its set for a March 31st release. it includes all 10 albums plus 'The Sicilian Defence'... an unreleased APP album.
    not sure if the bonus tracks on the 2009 5.1 remasters are included or not.
    Were the 2009 remasters 5.1? I thought they were just regular remastered CDs with bonus tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Were the 2009 remasters 5.1? I thought they were just regular remastered CDs with bonus tracks.
    Nope, the 2009 reissues where "simple" stereo remasters which AFAIK was a missed opportunity. Nothing I have read so far suggests that these are new remasters (what would be the point of that anyway) and certainly no multichannel mixes.

sorry, i have all the 2009 remasters and thought it was 5.1. the quality is just fantastic.
    if the albums don't have the bonus tracks, you're not missing much.