Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing - The Pineapple Thief

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post
    Me too

But the thing is with this band is that there music is becoming so diverse that when I listen to, for example Tightly Unwound, then I equally enjoy that in its own right.
    I agree. As a matter of fact, I've rebought the 2013 remaster which combines this excellent album with the two followed The Dawn Raids, and that's one bonus disc of 6 extra songs and 2 acoustics.

Me too

But the thing is with this band is that there music is becoming so diverse that when I listen to, for example Tightly Unwound, then I equally enjoy that in its own right.
    I agree, I like "Tightly Unwound" about equally with "Little Man".

Big fan here. Their albums take me about 3-4 listens to fully appreciate. The styles and hooks become more memorable over time, and that's what usually brings me back.

I'm partial to everything from Little Man onward. That said, I'm happy KScope has been reissuing the older material. I was lucky enough to own everything from Cyclops, but didn't have copies of the 7 Days discs. And the older albums benefit from the remastering.

Any news on Abducting The Unicorn? I assume that's slated for this year. And maybe a new studio album?
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Has anyone listened to The Pineapple Thief's 'Live at the 013'? That's a phenomenal live performance and, as is the case with most prog rock bands, their music really shines live. The standouts to me were "3000 Days", "Snowdrops", and "Reaching Out", but the whole thing is fantastic.

The last couple haven't grabbed me quite as much as some of the earlier stuff. Tightly Unwound is probably my favourite along with Variations on a Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Any news on Abducting The Unicorn? I assume that's slated for this year. And maybe a new studio album?
    Sure I read that both releases (Abducting and a new album) will happen later this year. Seem to remember September being mentioned for the new album.

Just read on facebook though that the band have had a change of drummer.

Really, is that due to increased commitment to tour? (I'm hoping here! The touring part that is.)

Sure I read that both releases (Abducting and a new album) will happen later this year. Seem to remember September being mentioned for the new album.
    Thanks!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43JD8ZouUGE&sns=tw

Just came across this. I guess the new drummer, Dan, is the guy on the right as I recognise the others. Plus I am sure he mentions his name.