Thread: This is much more important than getting into the R&R Hall of Fame

This is much more important than getting into the R&R Hall of Fame

Yes Lyrics To Be Added To New Testament.

And it's about time, if you ask me.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/yes...testament,966/
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

This is comedy gold!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Awesome. If only it were true.

"The four-part Book of Bruford."

Meh, The Onion merely consists of malicious post-punks who dwell on anti-Yes sentiments due to not being able to understand the meticulous complexity and real meaning of Jon's lyrics (we're all on first name with him in here), so they catch up with the all-encompassing anti-symph conspiracy to keep bands like Yes and places like PE from taking over the whole world. This is pure calculated cynicism, while Yes are thinking good-man's true sound art.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Except for the use of the lyrics to "Leave it", which was a single but not one of their best-known songs, everything in the article was "lazy" and expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Meh, The Onion merely consists of malicious post-punks who dwell on anti-Yes sentiments due to not being able to understand the meticulous complexity and real meaning of Jon's lyrics (we're all on first name with him in here), so they catch up with the all-encompassing anti-symph conspiracy to keep bands like Yes and places like PE from taking over the whole world. This is pure calculated cynicism, while Yes are thinking good-man's true sound art.
    YES ... I have been acutely aware of their conspiracies ever since they assassinated the Dead Kennedys
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Hilarious!

It got a good belly laugh out of me...

"I get up, I get down." Amen Brutha!

Better words to live by than most of what's already in there

"Leave good footprints behind."

"The Catholic Church is not the first religious sect to embrace progressive-rock reform. Since 1974, Reform Jews have, as part of Rosh Hashanah services, sung verses from The Book Of Genesis Featuring Peter Gabriel. For years, Unitarian educators have taught the works of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, including Brain Salad Surgery."

This entire piece is VERY well done. Heck, there is already a 12-minute piece by Wakeman that covers Judas Iscariot, and an entire album by Aphrodite's Child.

"He comes out of the sky, and STANDS THERE!"

Funny, but it would have been even funnier (and I say this as a devout Roman Catholic) if they'd visited the Vatican website and got their facts right regarding names and titles.

Christ, though tempted, "can see all good people turn their heads each day, and, so satisfied, He continues on His way."

Ah, so that's why my Unitarian preacher kept imploring the congregation "someone get me a ladder"
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/