Thread: Joe's Camouflage

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

Joe's Camouflage

With the usual GZ obfuscation and coyness...
    http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.c...56&src=SHAR002

Is it a group?
    Is it a band?
    Is it real?
    Yes, Yes & Yes!
    But, Oh Nooooooo! It never toured.

This fine lineup brings with it stuff you've never heard before.
    Visit and revisit Phyniox. Illinois Enema Bandit.
    Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance & Any Downers.
    Hold some now.

Nosing around, it seems like this is going to be recordings of 1975 rehearsals, with 2 keyboard players rumored to be session player Novi Novog who usually plays viola, and Napoleon Murphy Brock. http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/chron...1973-1975.html

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread.../#post-9705909

Would it kill her to tell us about this stuff?

There's four things now I need from ZFT. About time to place an order, but I suppose I'll wait to hear what sort of discount is being applied.

But, yeah, I want this one.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The email.

Dear People of Earth,

Suddenly for every Roxy reason possible it seemed imperative to make the actual Roxy By Proxy release truly special by offering this exceptionally entertaining audio aperitif. For those of you that ordered the Roxy By Proxy all those eons ago and even up til now, you can land Joe’s Camouflage at a discount. Keep an eye on your email inboxes. Details will follow.
    Roxy By Proxy begins shipping on or around Valentine’s Day. Yes it does!

xxx,

the barfies

I've been told for the past two months that my order of Roxy By Proxy and Road Tapes-Helsinki will ship in..two weeks.Every three weeks i'm told it will ship in two weeks.Last shipping estimate was Jan 31.Guess what?..now i'm told it will be another two weeks.

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

and the saga continues. I was supposed to get an email about a 10% discount on Joe's Camouflage since I pre-ordered RBP but as usual I never get emails pertaining to my orders at all. I will definitely order Joe's but this is typical annoying crap.

Its great. Phyniox is awesome. Any Downers? is totally great - always liked the early 75 version of that one. Honey, Dont You Want A Man Like Me? is right in line with the awesome down tempo version they played on the early 75 tour. Funky. Worth the purchase fo sho!

Thanks for the update. I'll be ordering soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Its great. Phyniox is awesome. Any Downers? is totally great - always liked the early 75 version of that one. Honey, Dont You Want A Man Like Me? is right in line with the awesome down tempo version they played on the early 75 tour.
    Great to have a document of this "missing" lineup after all these years. I think my favorite track is "Reeny Ra." Where the hell did that come from?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Great to have a document of this "missing" lineup after all these years. I think my favorite track is "Reeny Ra." Where the hell did that come from?!?!
    Seems like the scattin' antics by Frank produced the title. Pretty typical goofiness he had for jibber jabbery on the fly. Oh... Black Napkins is off the hook.

Happy 50th birthday, GI Joe!