Thread: Chistian Bale is not a prog fan.

Chistian Bale is not a prog fan.

Talk about a random reference by the interviewer to throw out there. I don't think he looks anything like John Wetton, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...yHbWpC_4#t=116

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "Go buy the first Asia record, you'll like it - it's like Journey." LOL!!! And everyone likes Journey.

Come on Christian, have you been living under a rock? You know, John Wetton? Atoll? "Atari, That's A Game!" (Smarto Kitschy-American Mix)? Hello?

poor guy - what a stupid interviewer. totally off the wall

to interviewer: "Hey man, you know who you look like? Benny Andersson. You could totally play him. You know? The lead singer from ABBA. They sound just like AHA."

hmmm....
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    "Go buy the first Asia record, you'll like it - it's like Journey." LOL!!! And everyone likes Journey.

Come on Christian, have you been living under a rock? You know, John Wetton? Atoll? "Atari, That's A Game!" (Smarto Kitschy-American Mix)? Hello?
    Look, you're a nice guy, but it's f-in unprofessional to assume that just because it's a bonus track on Rock Puzzle that John Wetton played on it. Don't you understand that my mind is not in the interview when you do that? What's so hard to understand? That's so unprofessional. John Wetton did not play on *all* the bonus tracks on Rock Puzzle. Give me a f-in break.

(Recited to the tune of the famous "Christian Bale Rant")

You mean, not everyone is living and breathing Asia and King Crimson and U.K. like I am? I though the whole business of my personal trainer not knowing who RUSH was was an anomaly! Gasp!
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by dnieper View Post
    Look, you're a nice guy, but it's f-in unprofessional to assume that just because it's a bonus track on Rock Puzzle that John Wetton played on it. Don't you understand that my mind is not in the interview when you do that? What's so hard to understand? That's so unprofessional. John Wetton did not play on *all* the bonus tracks on Rock Puzzle. Give me a f-in break.

(Recited to the tune of the famous "Christian Bale Rant")
    No Wetton, no Rock Puzzle song.

WUZZ'YA SAYIN'? THEN WE MUST'A SEND OUT THE SS [secret sympho-squad, ed.] TO GETS HIM AD ONCE!!!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

yeah a movie about JW, i can see the long lines at the box office.

I have only one question....

WHO..... is going to play Fripp?

David Hyde Pearce?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    No Wetton, no Rock Puzzle song.
    What's kind of weird is that one of the members of Atoll is also named Christian(Christan Beya the guitarist).

But just to settle the score here, John Wetton did play on a few of the bonus tracks on Rock Puzzle. Bonus tracks do count for something.

From progarchives:

Tracks 12-14:
    - John Wetton / lead vocals, bass

However, John Wetton has played with lots of bands(known and not so known). He also makes a guest appearance on a live After Crying album(I think on "starless"). The man has been around.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

For some strange reason it kind of reminds me of an interview with Bon Scott(from AC/DC)where the interviewer didn't know who RUSH was. Sometimes you need to do your homework. In this case Christian is just not much of a rock fan. I'm not surprised he's heard of YES though. People of a certain age category(say 30-55)would have to be living under a rock to not know who YES is. I don't think it's that strange that Christian didn't know who King Crimson(or even John Wetton for that matter)is though.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Didn't you used to be Batman?

christian bale HATE prog !! the proof here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUytEXTdx9A

Quote Originally Posted by Gorillclub View Post
    christian bale HATE prog !! the proof here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUytEXTdx9A
    I always loved the hell out of this scene
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Christian talks about "Laurel Canyon", a great movie.

I think if Bale looks up this video he'll punch that nerdy interviewer out next time he sees him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoSiULTi8fY
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I think if Bale looks up this video he'll punch that nerdy interviewer out next time he sees him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoSiULTi8fY
    Hey now, I like that song. You might think it was a youtube clip of invisible touch or owner of a lonely heart or something. At least Asia weren't trying to pretend they were something they weren't. Or were they?

I'm talking about the old guy with the double chin in the video... he doesn't look anything like Bale!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?