Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rachael Flowers playing KE9 live at the Nord booth at NAMM!

Rachael Flowers playing KE9 live at the Nord booth at NAMM!

That's awesome!!! Especially the very end bit, not even Keith did that!

Such incredible joy and enthusiasm, in addition to extraordinary talent. A master craftsman! I truly hope she could make it big in the Industry of Human Happiness...

Monstrous. I love the sequencer bit at the end. Very cool. And using the bass pedals too, good for her
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Beautiful! Thanks for posting.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Rachael, if there's any justice in this world, should be a national treasure one day!

Her talent is simply mind-boggling.
    Last edited by progeezer; 01-28-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

As always... WOW! Go Rachael!!!

Unreal.

Outrageous

Henceforth, I will spell Rachael's name correctly (write on blackboard 100 times).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Didnt realise this kid was blind.
    Friggin AWESOME talent!

I was wondering why she was at NAMM and I guess Rachael is representing Nord now -- how cool is that?

And dig this:

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Glory is Rachael.

Wow, she's just incredible. Like cavgator said, its great to see her express so much joy in her playing. Loved the ending sequencer bit and her response to the applause. I agree with all the comments here and wish only the best for her - but just as long as we get to continue to share in what she can do.

Here's a thought. If Keith Emerson can't play live any more, ELP could recruit her, FLP anyone? (this is just a joke by the way, I'd prefer to see her pursue her own music than to play Emerson).

Man, she is so amazingly talented and impressive. As others have said, the joy on her face while she's playing is just so infectious.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'd pay big money to see a version of ELP with Rachel, no L and no P.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I was wondering why she was at NAMM and I guess Rachael is representing Nord now -- how cool is that?

And dig this:

She is totally hip to the great musicians these days-Taylor Eigsti, Becca Stevens, and Gretchen Parlato to name a few. I think they know who she is, too. Too bad this recording is not very good, her vocals seem tentative but her piano solo is top top top notch.

Rachel never ceases to amaze!! I commented to Jeannie (Rachel's mom) that she has developed her own voice & if it hasn't already happened have the entire world watching her every musical move. From what I understand she does write her own music & the influences at her age will show in her compositions. If only there were more kids like her willing to put their nose to the grindstone & work hard at it. She is very refreshing to listen to!! That final part Keith had sequenced when they toured BSS. That was truly astounding to hear & watch! Her painstaking attention to detail with regards to the solo was remarkable. We can all die knowing at least one young musician carried the torch well into this century! Well done!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I'd pay big money to see a version of ELP with Rachel, no L and no P.
    I'd pay double what you'd pay to see her with L & P !

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    I'd pay double what you'd pay to see her with L & P !
    Only if we had a time machine, tragically. I'd also prefer a tribute band that had a drummer that played the more musical style Carl had in the 1970s than the basic hard rocker of today, and a singer that had Greg's choirboy voice of the past instead of the cigarette-soaked croak of the later period.

Well, now i need to get a Nord. Lovely tune there, thanks for sharing that video.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by cavgator View Post
    Only if we had a time machine, tragically. I'd also prefer a tribute band that had a drummer that played the more musical style Carl had in the 1970s than the basic hard rocker of today, and a singer that had Greg's choirboy voice of the past instead of the cigarette-soaked croak of the later period.
    On that basis your probably right!

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    Well, now i need to get a Nord. Lovely tune there, thanks for sharing that video.
    I have two Nords, a G2 Engine and an Electro 2, but I'm absolutely unable to do what Rachel Flowers does in that video.

What a great talent and kid! Her exuberance makes you laugh out loud! Just amazing!

Jefferson James
    Tear-inducing. Chilling. Incredible. (insert your own adjective here). When Rachel whispers, "I'm perfect -- are you?" I lost it. Fantastico!